GROUP BUY 240Z/260Z NEW rear hatch glass $495

240ZR

Sorry all, I had to pull the trigger on that glass. Last big ticket item I had to order and couldn’t stick around. You need about 5 for a group buy to bring the price down.

• 2 weeks later...
50 minutes ago, Mick-in-Tas said:

I contacted Auto Glass Warehouse. They informed me that their supplier has discontinued the hatch glass. 

For a 240z, 2 seat, clear, no lines, rear hatch glass??

Because I ordered 2 weeks ago and the order has been dispatched. 

They informed me that they are made to order here in Aus. You are looking at about 880 delivered.

Thanks for the reply Wags.

I've been talking to a salesperson called Christine and she claims to have checked with their suppliers and was told the rear hatch glass is discontinued which is a bit strange considering you have just ordered the same piece from the same place.

The price is fine considering the only other option is to use the original one I have that's got very deep grooves worn in it from the louvre it used to have. As I've just done a ground up bare metal respray, I really don't want to go that way!

Who did you deal with at Auto Glass Warehouse? Maybe I should contact them? 

i've just sent an email to "Christine" and asked her to check again with the manufacturer and see if they will reconsider. Fingers crossed....

54 minutes ago, Mick-in-Tas said:

Thanks for the reply Wags.

I've been talking to a salesperson called Christine and she claims to have checked with their suppliers and was told the rear hatch glass is discontinued which is a bit strange considering you have just ordered the same piece from the same place.

The price is fine considering the only other option is to use the original one I have that's got very deep grooves worn in it from the louvre it used to have. As I've just done a ground up bare metal respray, I really don't want to go that way!

Who did you deal with at Auto Glass Warehouse? Maybe I should contact them? 

i've just sent an email to "Christine" and asked her to check again with the manufacturer and see if they will reconsider. Fingers crossed....

I dealt with Rayzell. 

I already paid and my order says ‘dispatched’ so I don’t know if that’s on the way. 

Perhaps their supplier kept one or two spares from the last bulk order?

Here is my order tracking:

C99E2CB4-FB65-41CA-867D-23A313D85D84.jpeg

Edited by Wags
Order sanitize

Update, just checked with AGW and I got my courier tracking number. My rear screen is already picked up and in Victoria. So they definitely had a screen and it’s not far off delivery to my restorer at CAR. Hope you managed to get one mate!

Update, just checked with AGW and I got my courier tracking number. My rear screen is already picked up and in Victoria. So they definitely had a screen and it’s not far off delivery to my restorer at CAR. Hope you managed to get one mate!

On 1/21/2022 at 7:18 AM, Mick-in-Tas said:

Thanks for all the extra info Wags. 

I havent had a reply to my email yet but now you have given me your salespersons name I'll give them another call today and try again. 

Read my comments here as the supplier is VEH glass in VIC. Cheers

1 hour ago, 240ZR said:

Read my comments here as the supplier is VEH glass in VIC. Cheers

Yeh I reckon AGW just buy direct through them and send it on as my order was collected from a Vic address when AGW is in qld.

Edited by Wags
Clarification