Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hi all,

good friend of mine is trying to sell me his HS30 and I am trying to figure out what sort of price range and history of the vehicle. The VIN appears to be wrong to me on the VICROADs register at this stage showing: HS30 012L8. I imagine it is suppose to be HS30 01218 or 1278 or similar. I'll need to check the plate out myself again and confirm. Its a bright red (similar to dimitri's car in the below link) so potentially could be that VIN also.

The main issue I have with the vehicle is the following:

  • Reasonable amount of rust which requires attention, not a worry to me but will be $$$ and effort. This is where I am weakest with knowledge as I havent done a great deal of steel body work (mostly aluminium on my lotus).
  • The big one: No longer has the L24,, its fitted and registered with an L28. That said, engine is running side draft webers and appears to be running in excellent condition. My concern being the car will never be original ever again.

Considering the above, and assuming the VIN ends up being legit, what would a minor-moderate rusted Z without an original L24 be worth?

 

Posted (edited)

Post some pics and the gang here will give you plenty of reasonably accurate assessments on price.

Edit: Wouldn't be worried about the chassis number thing - looks very much like a typo at motor reg to me.

Edited by cracker
  • Administrators
Posted
38 minutes ago, cracker said:

Edit: Wouldn't be worried about the chassis number thing - looks very much like a typo at motor reg to me.

I would agree with this.

As for non-original motor, it does impact values but to be frank it doesn't determine how enjoyable the car is to drive and an L28 is a popular swap. The biggest factor is rust, although I have a feeling in future a lot more aftermarket panels are going to become available, making more cars feasible for restoration at a lower cost.

https://www.webstagram.pro/profile/kfvintagejdm

http://www.kfvintagejdm.com/

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...