Administrators gav240z Posted April 11, 2017 Author Administrators Posted April 11, 2017 Another site I've found a few times and referenced. http://rmcarburetors.net/ Quote
scott Posted April 11, 2017 Posted April 11, 2017 I have used this site as reference a few times, plenty of good info on there http://www.power-planning.com/ Quote
Administrators gav240z Posted June 23, 2017 Author Administrators Posted June 23, 2017 So just thought I'd share some tips on how to identify a 40mm carb vs 44mm carb. 1. 40mm carbs often have an extra retaining fastener on the bottom (front of the intake portion). Where as 44's are usually blank. 2. Just by looking at the throttle plates you can often tell what size they are. 3. Ideally the seller shows a photo of the throttle plate stamping, which will read 1.75inch (44mm) or 1.65inch (40mm). I tried to find a reference photos for 50's but couldn't see 1. Of course carbs have been messed around with over the years, taper bore etc.. so use this post as a guide but not the gospel. This is just what I've picked up hunting down carbs on various classified sites over the last year or so.. Ponyo240z 1 Quote
Administrators gav240z Posted February 12, 2018 Author Administrators Posted February 12, 2018 Useful for understanding the anatomy of a Mikuni/Solex PHH carb. cracker and Ponyo240z 2 Quote
theremm Posted June 18, 2018 Posted June 18, 2018 (edited) On 12/21/2016 at 10:03 AM, gav240z said: You're probably unlikely to encounter these in the wild given rarity. But these were fitted to the Toyota 2000GT MF10 Mikuni Solex 2 type N40 PHH Where they fitted to anything else? I picked up a pair of these on gumtree late last year. No sign of the third though.. Edited June 18, 2018 by theremm Quote
Administrators gav240z Posted June 18, 2018 Author Administrators Posted June 18, 2018 Yes I'm sure they were fitted to other cars, as I've seen a couple on Gumtree.com.au before and so there must have been another car that got them. I just don't know what car it was. Quote
Administrators gav240z Posted October 14, 2018 Author Administrators Posted October 14, 2018 This will be helpful. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.