Used Diff Mounts - Recon

PB260Z

• Moderators

Hi

I recall reading that someone was looking to collect used diff mounts to get reconditined in a job lot.

I have just removed the mount from my car and before I toss it out would enquire does anyone want it ?

Cheers

PB

• 3 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Hi,

If you PM me your postal details I will send the old one up to you to add to the collection. Rather that than just throw it out.

Whilst I don't need a new one at the moment, would be be happy to help make in the numbers for a group order if needed.

Cheers

PB

• Administrators

What other items are you going to get redone? I have a couple of spare mounts in my collection back in Melbourne I could dig out.

How about engine mounts? Dif? Gearbox?

Yes, yes, yes.

Also will ask the shop if they can do a pour on each side fof a couple of 260 gearbox to floorpan crossmembers, to provide something a bit firmer, but still be flexible.

I''ve had a number of Roadster/Fairlady engine mounts, and S30 engine mounts done, all are still quite good, no sagging, or ripping.

No ruch, but, any old engine, gearbox or diff mounts, no matter how ripped, torn, spongy/gooey they are!

Post them to me, the more I can get done in one hit, the lower the cost.

Its rubber, not polyurethane, and its equivalent hardness to the Nissan Competition supplied rubber mounts

• Administrators

Ok not sure when I'll next be in Melbourne but would be interested in getting these done...

Do you know approx cost of getting this done? Some mounts are still available new and not too expensive from Nissan.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Moderators

I assume we are talking about that rubber front diff strap. If so, put me down for one. I broke mine today...

attachicon.gifreceived_1033792883325504.jpeg

Hi Andrew

No not the strap, we are referring to the bonded rubber mount that goes between the nose of the diff and the cross member.

As an aside, if you have broken the strap, I would say the mount referred above is broken - the strap is intended to "catch" any excessive upward movement that a broken mount would allow.

Cheers

PB

• Moderators

Ah ok, I'll look into it

Hi

The mount will usualy look OK, it takes a fair amount of force for the diff to roll up.

You will need to get a lever or similar in there and see what movement is present.

Mine had some areas were the movement had worn the paint off.

Cheers

PB

Edited by PB260Z

• 2 months later...

PB 260, got your old one, yes, she was torn!

Tim Davis, I am nt able to indicate how long or how much, as the factory that does them fits them in when they are doing the molten rubber compound.

I'd be guessing at around $60 a piece plus postage, and around four weeks?

• Moderators

PB 260, got your old one, yes, she was torn!

Thanks for letting me know it arrived, and Yes it was well and truly past its best.

Cheers

PB

Hi,

I wondered if anyone could help me, I need a differential rubber mount to suite 8/82 280ZX 2+2 Auto box, I cant find one anywhere,,,, please help

Thanks,

Tim

I might have a spare, ill check today