Iceberg Posted August 14, 2015 Posted August 14, 2015 Hi, I have been trying to find a threat where it explains how much back space there is on a 260z 2 seater. I have folded guard lips and I am wondering if the 15x7.5 with + 27mm offset would fit. As far as I can figure out that is 190.5mm / 2 = 95.25mm + 27mm= 122.25 mm outer and 95.25mm-27mm= 68.25 back space. From those calculations it looks like it will clear the guard but I do not know if that is enough backspace. Am I doing the calculations right? Do you think that is enough backspace? Much appreciate the input as I have spend good two hours trying to find the right info on the threads. Iceberg Quote
oldmates260z Posted August 15, 2015 Posted August 15, 2015 There are web sites that do it all for you so you can compare to what you have and measure them up. I have link to one somewhere. Quote
44014 Posted August 15, 2015 Posted August 15, 2015 15x7.5 + 27 would be well inside the guard. I would be concerned about that hitting the spring perch. These are 16x8.25" -0 And they fit with the guards rolled to give you an idea. Quote
oldmates260z Posted August 15, 2015 Posted August 15, 2015 This is standard factory wheels (5.5"x14" +15) versus what I have fitted on my 2+2 now (7"x15" +12) http://www.willtheyfit.com/index.php?width=195&aspect=70&diameter=14&wheelwidth=5.5&offset=15&width2=215&aspect2=60&diameter2=15&wheelwidth2=7&offset2=12#content Here are your 15x7.5 +27: http://www.willtheyfit.com/index.php?width=195&aspect=70&diameter=14&wheelwidth=5.5&offset=15&width2=215&aspect2=60&diameter2=15&wheelwidth2=7.5&offset2=27#content Quote
GongZ Posted August 15, 2015 Posted August 15, 2015 This is another online wheel size calculator that also takes into account factors such as wheel well, fender and suspension (strut) clearances. It is very comprehensive, showing speedo errors, rim and tyre weights etc. http://www.wheel-size.com/calc/?wheel1=205-55-16X6.5ET45&wheel2=225-45-17X7.5ET40&fcl=50mm&wcl=30mm&scl=50mm Quote
oldmates260z Posted August 15, 2015 Posted August 15, 2015 This is another online wheel size calculator that also takes into account factors such as wheel well, fender and suspension (strut) clearances. It is very comprehensive, showing speedo errors, rim and tyre weights etc. http://www.wheel-size.com/calc/?wheel1=205-55-16X6.5ET45&wheel2=225-45-17X7.5ET40&fcl=50mm&wcl=30mm&scl=50mm Now that's a great site Quote
Moderators PB260Z Posted August 15, 2015 Moderators Posted August 15, 2015 Thanks Ian, That is exactly the type of site I need right now. Cheers PB Quote
Iceberg Posted August 17, 2015 Author Posted August 17, 2015 Thank you everyone. This is exactly what i was looking for. I decided to wait for a better fit wheels. I really want Watanabes to fill the wheel arch. Quote
Iceberg Posted August 17, 2015 Author Posted August 17, 2015 As tempting as your offer is ...... I have learned from Datsun Zs that i have to be patient. I cant believe just how long it takes to find some parts. Your wheels do look good and they do fill the wheel arch. Quote
Iceberg Posted August 17, 2015 Author Posted August 17, 2015 Found a set of Work Equip 01s. which is my second favorite wheel to Watanabe. 15 x 8 -25 Front 15 x 9 -25 Rear I think the front would fit will rolled lip (which my step brothers Z has) but the rears are unlikely to fit? I would hate to install the flares as it is such a clean car. Si there anything i can do to fit 15 x 8 -25 Front 15 x 9 -25 without cutting the guards? Quote
44014 Posted August 17, 2015 Posted August 17, 2015 Found a set of Work Equip 01s. which is my second favorite wheel to Watanabe. 15 x 8 -25 Front 15 x 9 -25 Rear I think the front would fit will rolled lip (which my step brothers Z has) but the rears are unlikely to fit? I would hate to install the flares as it is such a clean car. Si there anything i can do to fit 15 x 8 -25 Front 15 x 9 -25 without cutting the guards? You will need to flare it to fit those rims. These are 17x10 -39 And 17x9 -29 Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.