wtb: 240z or 260z or 280z...Victoria

marlon

hey all im new here,

im looking for a 240z or 260z or a 280z. the car must be sold with RWC. i have a $5500 budget. looking for one which is fairly clean. im located in the south eastern suburbs of melbourne. post pics up here or send them to dias_marlon@hotmail.com .

cheers marlon

WELCOME TO VICZCAR!

The best of luck with finding your Z.

There is one being advertised in the sale section by a fellow member. His asking for $5000 and it's a 240Z. The car is still registered and has quite a lot of things done to it, needs a bit of TLC. Hopefully it's still available but better be quick.

I would say, that is your best bet at getting anything around $5000, for the condition that car is in, its a steal. I wish it was posted up when i was searching for mine thats for certain.

But yea... $5500 is quite hard to get a roadworthy 240Z, potentially can find a 260Z (minimal-medium rust) and probably a 280Z.

There are 240Z rusted (extreme) shells going around, with prices from as much as $1500 for a 240Z, i've seen prepped primed 240Z shells go for $4400.

Just wanted to show some comparisons to your budget quota.

I do have to point out that if you mean "clean" by "schmick" condition Z it would be very difficult. It is a 30 year old car and rust is most probably gotten to it. I myself purchased a 240Z for $5000 and it's currently going through the restoration project as can be seen in the journal section.

Any plans for your future Z?

thanks for the help fufu, i think i know the one your talking about (the silver one?)- i messaged him so hopefully its still available.

im not really looking for a project z as i just came from owning a twin turbo 300zx which was a project never finished.

about the condition of the car- i will have to lower my standards.

At the moment i dont have any massive plans- but hoping to get some very nice simmons wheels for it, then save for a re-spray. id like to keep it fairly stock.

also after seeing a couple of 280zx's i think il stay away from them- and im now looking for the 240z's and 260z's.

• Administrators

For a 240z, anything is half decent condition is going to go for at least $8k, alot of basket cases can be had for $3k and top condition 240z's are now going for up to $25k.

260z 2 seaters are slightly less but there were less of those imported to Australia and generally worldwide so they might be more difficult to find.

Best of luck, you might find a good one at a good price. One of our members recently found one on a barn for a couple of thousand. Its a top car and he got a steal, so you never know.

a 240z should be cheaper to run than a twin turbo 300zx but parts are getting more and more expensive now.

• 4 weeks later...