73 240z brake booster

andoi

hi All

my brake booter has failed and i need to get a new one, i have read that the ones on the 280zx are a straight swap - so if that's correct ill go for either.

please help as my baby was running so well until this  :-[

hi All

my brake booter has failed and i need to get a new one, i have read that the ones on the 280zx are a straight swap - so if that's correct ill go for either.

please help as my baby was running so well until this  :-[

Just get it rebuilt. Mine just failed in '73 240z. Cost me ~$260 and now hopefully good for another 40 years (you'd like to think)

+1 for getting it rebuilt/reco'd.  My research when I had mine done turned up that there were 2 or 3 different specs of booster in the 240z alone, some of them with different bolt patterns (not interchangable).  The 280 booster is larger so you will be over-braked and the bolt pattern is different from the 240's from memory

thanks all, @andy k - i read that the 280 unit is a straight swap only with the '73 240, but yeah i think that around the $300 mark for something that is gonna last around 40 years is pretty good value, as far as rebuild goes - can anyone recommend somewhere to go? thanks again