ZCCJDM Posted September 3, 2014 Posted September 3, 2014 Hey mates… Looking to for a decent RHD platform to bring back to the states with me…Want to start a new project. Any Zed series will do…prefer standard coupe. Just as long as its not rotted out… Only need body and dash.. engine/tranny and interior can be nixed for all i care. Looking to spend around $1800 - $2000. Let me know if you can steer me in a good direction, or if you have something I might be interested in looking at. Thanks. Brian : Z Car Customs-JDM www.zccjdm.com Quote
Scoota G Posted September 3, 2014 Posted September 3, 2014 Prices are a little different here in Aus. $2000 roller with no rot would sell very quickly. Quote
Administrators gav240z Posted September 3, 2014 Administrators Posted September 3, 2014 In North America it's the 1 market you can still obtain cheap S30z's, Europe, Australia, NZ and Japan etc.. prices have gone up for a RHD car. Of course no harm in asking, but you might be better of trying to source a RHD car in your neck of the woods. It's my understanding that certain military personal brought back their Zeds after serving in Japan due to cheap shipping costs via their military connections etc.. Quote
ZCCJDM Posted September 3, 2014 Author Posted September 3, 2014 I just missed a Zed for around the $2k mark… was very disappointed. The whole military personnel bringing back a old Zed, is a load of crap… yah, maybe 30+ years ago, but no way your going to find one state side for sale. Very few and far between. Well, I'd appreciate it if you guys happen across anything, please let me know… In the meantime, I'll be having my mate pound the pavement a bit for me…. Its a big country you guys have..LOL Be well. BK Quote
thriller Posted September 3, 2014 Posted September 3, 2014 How rotten are you willing to go? I might have something around the price point, but give me a week or two to decide That said, it'd be less work to just convert an LHD Quote
Administrators gav240z Posted September 3, 2014 Administrators Posted September 3, 2014 Well there is this on eBay right now. http://www.viczcar.com/forum/index.php/topic,14766.0.html http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/2x-Datsun-240z-project-cars-1971-and-1973-/261574001308 Perhaps the winning bidder will sell you the slightly bent 'black' car? I'm sure it could be set right again. Sadly anything that's as cheap as $2k is usually cut up for it's roof (if it hasn't been modified for a sunroof) and other good bits like 1/4 panels etc..they are usually pretty rotten (left in paddock's etc..). I'm guessing you want a RHD car because you're building a replica like a Fairlady 240zg or similar? Quote
Patch Posted September 3, 2014 Posted September 3, 2014 I could let this go for $2500, it has a very little bit of rust in top left corner of roof on the windscreen joint. it has a dash http://www.viczcar.com/forum/index.php/topic,14774.0.htm I can give you a almost complete front cut or whole car minus motor off a 1975 260z 2+2 for $1800. it has factory air, dash, steering etc the back is rotten. or a 71 roller shell that needs a roof for 2k, ongoing project most rust repaired years ago, can give the complete matching engine and body parts for a complete car for 3.5k A roof here is worth 1k. Quote
ZCCJDM Posted September 4, 2014 Author Posted September 4, 2014 Yah, I agree... I think just doing a RHD convesion would be the most cost effective. Just hoping to find something that might be restorable. That being said, If anyone can supply me with a RHD Firewall section, and maybe the pinion, I think thats all I'd need. Brian - ZCCJDM Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.