How to wire 74 260z electric fuel pump

Hey Guys, I need to wire my carter pump but the 74 260 is bit of a oddball and not alot of info available.

anyone know how to activate the electric fuel pump wiring down the back near the tank?

Cheers Doug

The wire should fire up on ign to on. I never had one that didn't.  If your demister is not working you can always run that wire to the pump and then you'll have a hidden in plain view cut off switch.

True true I have not actually checked to see it might already be live.

Just assumed it would be like the 240z and need to have a fuse or something plugged in somewhere .

Yere but what are the appropriate power sources?

heaps of info on 240z and late 260/280 but early 74 260 is different :(

well my 74 260z has tje same green wire in the rear for the fuel pump. I have replaced the front loom in my track car so did not bother to check where it goes but can only assue the same location as the 240z.

• Moderators

From memory the plug sits under where the radio is; it terminates as a white plug with two large green wires. On ignition power up, one of the wires has power, so just wire in a relay and give power to the green wire that runs to the back. Obviously the wire that has power originally, the other one is the wire that runs to the rear.