Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

Getting the steering rack ready and I noticed the bolt shown in the photo. A quick look on Google images shows a grease nipple in lieu of the bolt in some images. What should be there?

 

101_8458S1_zps86443548.jpg

 

Also reworked the bushing (260Z I think) to mate with the contour of the rack I have (240Z?). Note, the photo only shows the process - a fair bit of material needed to be removed.

 

101_8449640x480_zps78cf9396.jpg

Posted

IIRC it is a bolt installed in a place where you can install a nipple, grease up the rack then remove nipple and install bolt again.

Posted

With regard to my 260z (can't remember for 240z), definitely a bolt meant to be there, mine has the exact same bolt as yours.

 

Had similar issues with my rack bushings. 260z rack, think I bought 260z or 280z bushing kit (can't remember), and had to shave about 5mm off of each side for them to squeeze in properly.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...