Next VicZCar '07 SUMMER! Cruise/Run - Updated!

C.A.R.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Dates are most likely to be: 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th of November.

Care to confirm Dates, Craig?

My Bro & a couple of mates would also like to come, if that alright with everyone:

Chooka (Bro) - Mitsi VR4

Kane - MR2

Muzza - S13

(all are good drivers)

& me in the Zed of corse.

OK we plan on meeting up at 9.30am Saturday 10th November and come home on the Sunday. Since there are a lot of maybe's please bare in mind that if you are coming you will need to book accommodation. So you might have to make a decision at some point. I won't be booking numerous rooms on maybe's especially since you have to pay a deposit. We will be staying at the 4.5 Star Mt Buller Challet. You can get two story multi bedroom apartments but they are expensive $320- (incl cooked buffet breakfast) if there are only two of you I think. Get 4 in there and you will be laughing that's why I was after positive numbers to work out accom but looks like I will leave it to the maybe's to organise them selves. It has a gym, in door pool and great restaurant. Although there is a cheaper place to eat up there. Cheers

Correction to above rates for Mt Buller. Is $265- for 2 in a suit + $65- for an axtra person. Phone number is 5777-6566 to make a booking.

http://www.mtbullerchalet.com.au/index.php

See you all on the 10th. Owe, and so we know who is coming or to wait for on the morning please confirm on here or to me on email so we don't miss you.

Just a reminder if you are coming please get a hold of or buy a Hand Held Radio. These things are great and helps us all keep in touch, warn people of any dangers, break downs and organise pit stops etc. It also stops people getting lost or lonely if you are in your car on your own. Ha. Anyway see what you all can do. Highly recomended for trips like this so you will use it again. Minimum of 1watt 2-5watt if you have enough cash. ;)

Thanks mate.  The company introduced a bull shit collective agreement, so they want to pay me $100 less a fortnight so im going to the compentition and theyre giving me a supervisors position, so it works well :P

Theres not really any chance of me getting any leave for a while, so thanks anyways, hope you have good trip.

Scott

Hi Joel,

Per above we will be meeting at 9.30am in Lilydale opposite the Nissan Car Yard. I imagine you won't be able to miss a few Zeds parked on the side of the road around that time.

I am not sure on numbers or groups for accommodation. Since not everyone has gotten back to me people might just bunk in or book a room on the day.

For you and all others it is helpful if you can get a hold of a 2-way hand held radio.

Cheers

G'day guys. Just a reminder about the drive up to Mt Buller we have on this coming weekend. We are meeting at 9.30am Saturday morning opposite Nissan in Lilydale in the "Mitre 10' car park. I want to leave around 9.45 so don't be late. Please also fill up with petrol before arriving in Lilydale as there is nothing worse than starting a drive with people stopping for fuel and splitting the drive group before we have gone anywhere. Remember to get hold of a 2-way radio if you can, we will meet on channel 16 at this stage. My brother and a few mates might rock up in there 240Z and 350Z for the drive through the Black Spur with us. The weather is looking perfect for non air-con cars at 23-24deg days. Will see you soon for a few beers on top of the Mountain.  :)

You can get 5W portables off ebay for around $150. They're not a name brand and are Chinese, but I can vouch for the performance. They can reach from the reserviour just North of Bacchus Bog to just before the Werribee turnoff on the Geelong-Bacchus Marsh road. That's with a 5W mobile running a 6.5dB aerial on the other end.. But still damn impressive.

Oh, and you can't miss them.. They come in 'safety' colours so they're easy to find. Bright yellow, orange or some other colour.  :D

Good luck this weekend guys, hope you enjoy the cruise  :). Take heaps of photo's for us unlucky people who don't couldn't make it :(

Hey Fuzzy, your right. there's a few on there.

This one is mine: http://cgi.ebay.com.au/UNIDEN-UH078sx-5-WATT-40-CHANNEL-UHF-RADIO-2-YEAR-WTY_W0QQitemZ190169094078QQihZ009QQcategoryZ3308QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Looks like I could have saved a few if I had of gone Ebay...

Ahh well :-[

Yeah, there's quite a few. I was talking about these ones. However, you can't go wrong with Uniden, they make pretty solid units. The one you bought looks like a pretty schmick unit. :)

I purchased a GME TX4600 for $320 off ebay.. RRP is around $600 mark  ;) Love ebay!

Just did a search, if you click me then this will show you all the "omdi" brand units I was talking about.. There's a couple of buy it now units for $175 and Free car charger to boot!