KHGC110 project

BenZed

The engine is now sitting in place properly. With a bit of mild violence I got the R31 mounts to fit in the 240K crossmember.

Also picked up a set of used extractors and had them ceramic coated.

post-853-144023633225_thumb.jpg

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm being really anal here but the engine in that photo above looks great, but when you stick that RB30 rocker cover and inlet manifold on its like having Miranda Kerr's body and sticking Julia Gillards head on top :o 

You're gunna have to work hard to make the look as good as the rest of the car. You might get away with the rocker cover if you put some DCOE's or ITB's on the RB.

One of my suppliers give me this pic today, a fibreglass copy of an S20 cam cover. I remember someone asking how to make their engine look like an S20, well here's the answer! They can also do them in carbon fibre.

;)

• Moderators

Not sure if you are interested, unless you already have one, but a Nissan Datsun club memeber in Vic has a triple Weber manifold for an RB30 single cam head he isn't using..I can find out more info if you want...

• 6 months later...
  • 6 months later...

I've decided to use the 17-inch Rotas on another car, instead I'm fitting some Watanabe R-type wheels. On the back they are 15x11 -38. As you can guess from the third pic this will require some very stretched tyres, I'm waiting for some 235/60s I found on ebay. At the front I'm thinking 15x9 -13, will have to check if they fit.

post-853-144023683509_thumb.jpg

post-853-144023683524_thumb.jpg

post-853-144023683538_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

235/60 turned out to be too tall, but 50-series 15-inch rubber seems to stop at 225 these days, which is too narrow for the 11-inch.

May have to fit something less silly...

well I know here in NZ Toyo can supply the 235/50/15 in the R888 race tyre. That is what we are moving to on our S30's here well some of us anyway as they have a 245 footprint ;)

I believe if $$ is not an issue you can get 285/40/15 from Yokohama and I believe some have sourced 315/35/15 too. Then there is the TB5 from places like http://www.antiquetyres.com.au/

Update: these are the ones I was thinking about http://www.classic-tyres.co.nz/directory/page33.html Yokohama 345/35/15 overall dia = 610mm or about the same as 185HR14 aka stock 260z tyre which is 606mm

Update #2: http://europeantechnique.com.au/michelin/Tyres/tb%2015.htm

Now looking to change the rear flares to the full works size so I can fit a pair of 285/40 Yokohama AVS tyres I just bought. Already ordered the flares too :)