Seat retrims from the US

PeterAllen

Has anyone imported a set from this mob, if so, any feedback? Thanks.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Datsun-240Z-260Z-Nissan-240Z-260Z-Synthetic-Leather-Seat-Covers-/171108221036?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item27d6d8406c

EDIT. Jan 2016 - This link no longer goes to the item.

See link in post #3 and email or phone Khalid directly.

Edited by PeterAllen

Yes i have. Good quality and fit. Was quite difficult to get on as its a real tight fit (especially with new foam) but thats a good thing.

The vendor is a nice bloke to deal with and flexible on price if you buy more than one pair.

Am pretty sure I got a set of these....they had the embroidered Z on them and all!

They actually arrived from Karachi (Pakistan), so I guess they have a vendor there making them. I didn't mind, as they have made sports balls for years over there so know the job! Anyway, they are a tight fit, and I also fitted new seat squab foams, so they were a bit tighter as a result. They ended up fitting well with minimal 'loose' spots (where the fabric isn't stretched properly).

They don't have as good a tie system at the bottom compared with the factory trims (wire cable), but it doesnt really matter, and I don't think you could tension it effectively without special tools, so you just clip the trim into the factory steel tags and that works pretty good.

Fitment tip: Turn the seat backs inside out and start at the top and work down. For the bottoms, align at the front and work your way toward the back.

...They actually arrived from Karachi (Pakistan...

Yes, I read that somewhere, it probably explains why the postage is also relatively cheap.. It pains me not to use local people but the price differential is so stark it makes it impossible no to buy these, considering the quality review are very good.

I sent an e-mail off to Khalid this afternoon with a special order request and he has already responded... clearly late at night in Michigan. All the indicators are good so far... now if we could just get that dollar back to $1.05.

• 3 weeks later...

I cannot believe how outstanding the personal service and product is from that supplier.

He responded straightaway to e-mails (day and night) as we worked through the colours, material and pattern. When I placed the order they arrived in 12 days... Fantastic.

post-684-144023726676_thumb.jpg

post-684-144023726684_thumb.jpg

• 2 months later...

Hey everyone,

I just got a set of leather seats from Khalid at Interior Innovations.

Was quite a drama (mostly on my part), but my seat covers have arrived.

Sadly, I can't find the thread where someone shows how they removed/installed the covers.

Does anyone know where I can find this.

I've been all over different Z forums and I can't for the life of me find the thread again.

Any help would be appreciated.

BTW, the seats are awesome quality. (My only gripe was that the hand break cover I got too is for a left hand drive .. still, it kinda fits and looks okay on backward)s.

remove the back rest from the base cut all the little c clips off the bottom and peel em like a banana, the base has a wire under neath which is clipped to the springs you need to cut them and remove the wire don't throw away as it needs to go back in the same place on the new covers. good luck

Thanks Linton.

Will give it a go this afternoon (considering sneaking out of work to play on my car).

Did you just replace the C clips with cable ties ??

Is it the same thing for both front and rear seats ??

Special thanks too for sending over your rear seats so they had the pattern. Love your work.

Can't wait til my car has "new leather smell" and not as my girlfriend put it "a kind of dirty old boat smell".

Thanks Linton.

Did you just replace the C clips with cable ties ??

Is it the same thing for both front and rear seats ??

I bought from ebay clips and pliers about $35 they are used in gardens to clip around wires, the clips are a bit soft but work ok, don't use cable ties easy but will spoil the look

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/C-clip-plier-fencing-netting-hingejoint-and-clips-/310148023535?pt=AU_Business_Industrial_Farming_Agriculture_Farming_Agriculture_Equipment&hash=item48364344ef

the backs are different they don't use a wire to pull them down just a sewn on strap which you will staple to the foam