240z to swap with R33 or sell

datsfreak

My daily drive is a '71 240z. Matching numbers, manual.

Few stone chips and 2-3 small parking dents. Original seats with original tears, A few small rust bubbles on pass door, and the rear guard lips have been cut unevenly(would take very little to fix)

Mods inc:

rota 17X8.5 wheels with 235/40 tyres only 4 months old- prob done 2000miles

2 1/2 exhaust new also about 4 months ago.(really good sound)

260z front struts (needed as the rota wheels hit the std 240 ones.)

h4 headlights (with relays)

skyline electronic dizzy with 280z import tach( standard one in box)

280zx 5 speed(so i was told)

transitor voltage controller for the alternator(orginal in box)

Ive owned it for about 4 years and prev owner had done a full engine rebuild just prior to the sale - no have no receipts but i do have pics of the rebuild.

Since ive had it , its gets a oil change/filter change every 6 months and coolant/airfilter change every 12.

Ive got some extra parts for people are interested.- these come with the car:

2 pairs of eibach coilover springs at appox 240 pounds and 1 pair at approx 280, As i was going to do a coilover conversion with sleeve kits from here:

http://www.rallydesign.co.uk/product_info.php?cPath=1358&products_id=3450&osCsid=5s5a3j4gqj825frpi7n4tpoq82

So it would cost about $250au(with freight) ,total price,  to get steel weld-on sleeve kits on each corner of this zed.

the original 240z struts

15/16 master cylinder

spare 180 diff

a l28 with correct early zed sump- head in pieces but all there,with some porting.

Only selling/swaping for a change(prob will regret later). And if i dont sell it ,Ill keep it for my everyday car.

Want a r33 2.5 turbo coupe in any colour that not white or silver, or $10000 to go towards one.

Here are some pics - i do more if requested..

in Toowoomba Qld

thanks guys

post-1077-144023519387_thumb.jpg

post-1077-14402351939_thumb.jpg

• Moderators

Looks like a nice zed...I've been down that road before; sold a zed - bought 2 Z32's - then a R33 - now back to a zed! I think you may regret it but good luck with the sale! I don't think you will have a problem finding a new owner.

yep i did it sold my zed for a skyline, I wont do that again ::)

After a while driving the skyline was like driving a commodore :o

so hard to stand out in a crowd because they are so commen.

Now i am also back to the s30

oh god -dont compare the skyline with a commodore--

Ive done a little video, just a walk around the zed and quick rev if anyone wants it .(pm your  email)

i wouldn't say they are bad. they are just to comen for my liking.

The 240z could be made to out perform the r33 on the track and looks far more unique.

But if you want something a little more comfortable and modern go for it.

you don't need to listen to our opinions , your the one driving it.

I would have one as an every day car and keep the zed for fun

r33's are not  that bad are they?

R32's are a much better bang for your buck car.  I know the Skylines that are successful in the class I race in are all R32's.  R33's are too big and heavy on the circuit.  They do look nicer than an R32 in my opinion though so I suppose it depends what you want it for.

Just keep in mind that in 2 or 3 years time the Skyline that you're selling your Z to buy is most likely going to be worth around $5K.

what is the general opinion on the 200SX?

alot better,

better on fuel, looks better, lighter, handles better

but i might be bias, :P

ive had a NA SR s13, a turbo CA 180sx and now a turbo SR S14

Love the S chassis cars

alot better,

better on fuel, looks better, lighter, handles better

but i might be bias, :P

ive had a NA SR s13, a turbo CA 180sx and now a turbo SR S14

Love the S chassis cars

ditto

s15 be on top of my list of the 200sx/silvia series.

R33 is a fat whale good for burnouts. suprisinglya realy good  R32 are similar price to r33. smaller lighter and quicker.just check car sales how many r33 for sale and prices u can pickone up for less than 10k.

so whos the buyer Neuby? if u swapped it for s15 i guess u will like it great cars.

you might wanna note the r33 has a more powerful 2.5L engine while a 32 just has a 2L if we talking gts's.  the 33 would be made much faster in a straight line more easily than a 32. the increased weight might make it harder around corners however. i call it the commo of the skyline family :P

i got a 32 gtr they not so common and look cooler in my opinion. still not as rare as a 240z but it seems to turn a few heads around town. be warned youll have stupid people demanding you do a burnout when you drive a skyline.

still i live in the hope of having both the gtr and the zed :P if you were in sa i would have been very interested in it.

my baby 2lt 4 banger leaves the fat R33 gtst in haze of dust  8) so even in straight line R33 suffers. but anyway.

be interesting to see what deal went on..ahead with this. if i had a clean 240 as that i know i would be keeping it.

r33s make  better daily... I had one for a year and half and racked a 100k onto it... went like a champ.

heaps of power and handles well enough in stock form... Add a little and it went great.

They arent rare because they offer great bang for your buck :)

• 2 weeks later...

oh god -dont compare the skyline with a commodore--

Ive done a little video, just a walk around the zed and quick rev if anyone wants it .(pm your  email)

can you load the vid on youtube? might as well.