1971 240Z FOR SALE ***SOLD****

Classicman

So the time has come for me to part with one of my two 240Z's.

This is an Australian delivered car with 131,000 miles on the clock and two previous owners.  The original log book shows that the car was delivered by D&G Motors, Sunnyholt Rd, Blacktown 2148, to a Dr Chong on 12/11/1971.  The second owner took transfer of the car on 28/11/1975, and I am now the third owner. She comes with history and a concourse trophy from the Sydney Z club back in 1992 for the most original car on show.  She is straight and solid that has had a repaint in the original colour many years ago.  The car is very presentable but not concourse.  There are some paint blemishes in the roof and rear of the car, but after a good polish, has come out pretty decent.  I would not hesitate or be embarrassed to put her on a show, and I have built some concourse cars before.

I have just fitted 4 new Koni's and 4 new universal joints on the half shafts.  I fitted a new carpet set (All Car Carpets), and new OEM intern dome light, new OEM wing mirrors, a new gearshift and handbrake boot.  I have a complete new set of rubbers and grommets that go with the car as well as a complete new set of polyurethane bushes for the suspension.

The interior is mint and original save for one crack in the dash.  All dials and gauges including the clock work.

Mechanically she is 100% and had a 280zx 5-speed gearbox fitted many years ago after the original box crashed.  I just put her through the ACT roadworthy inspection and she is on full ACT license with 3 months Rego.

All glass is good and she has an original rear louvre.  The wheels are straight and true with minor kerb-rash and the tyres are good.  She has a big bore Stainless exhaust system and sounds brilliant.

She is a good every day driver and/or weekend show car.  I would not have any hesitation in climbing into her and driving across state at any stage.  she starts easily first time and never misses a beat. 

I initially bought her to keep, so have not spared any expense in what I have done so far.  She is an honest car without a hint of rust.

I'm asking $35,000 and offering it here before I go public.  Believe me, I'm not making a fat profit on this car.  You will look long and hard to find another one on the market as honest as this one.  I'm happy to entertain any questions, but please spare the negative comments.  If its not for you, then fine, please move on.  Hope that doesn't sound to harsh, but I've been on the receiving end of formumites before who have no intention of buying, but love to criticise.

Thank you.

IMG_0157_zpsqdnu3oyd.jpg

IMG_0158_zpsgmqq6xqm.jpg

IMG_0159_zps1kpn0dbg.jpg

IMG_0160_zpsjv9lcw6z.jpg

IMG_0161_zpsbiul5ixg.jpg

IMG_0162_zpsbe0jegfe.jpg

IMG_0163%203_zpsznz27cby.jpg

IMG_0164_zpstb8ke6mt.jpg

IMG_0165_zpspfauo7wg.jpg

IMG_0166_zps6g9qr3jy.jpg

post-16081-144023803671_thumb.jpg

post-16081-144023803678_thumb.jpg

Perfect opertunity for someone to grab what looks to be a fantastic original car. So very rare to see not only a very original car but one in such well cared for condition. If this is the one you are selling I can only imagine how good your '73 car must be.

By the way kudos on your collection, particular the Elan and CSL.

Thanks WA240Z.

It really is a nice specimen.  My '73 is also a two owner car with a genuine 43,000km on the clock.  It unfortunately had a colour change in its life, so I'm going to take it back to original paint and leave the rest as patina rather than do a nut and bolt.

I just think the '73 is an even cleaner car, and buying it in Zimbabwe will mean that I land it here at a much better cost.  The 73 is also listed on its papers as a 74 and my BMW and Lotus are also 74s, so I thought it would be nice to have all the cars from the same years.

Last, but not least, I am setting up a Classic Car business in Canberra (Storage, Accessories and Sales),  so I need to get some liquidity, and unfortunately can't keep all of the cars..

The car is provisionally sold to another Z car owner in Sydney.  Deposit taken until car collected on weekend.

30 Min on Carsales.com.au and two buyers at full price.

Thanks

• Moderators

The car is provisionally sold to another Z car owner in Sydney.  Deposit taken until car collected on weekend.

30 Min on Carsales.com.au and two buyers at full price.

Thanks

Congratulations on such a quick sale.

Nice to see such good quality car heading to Sydney  :)