260Coupe Posted May 26, 2011 Posted May 26, 2011 Hi guys Anyone have a set of L24 rods they want to part with Alan Quote
luvemfast Posted May 26, 2011 Posted May 26, 2011 I have a set of prepped rods with ARP studs, not sure whether L24 or L28 though? Quote
NZeder Posted May 26, 2011 Posted May 26, 2011 Do you really want to run 35+ year old rods? I ask as I prep'd some rods with new bushes, shot penn, balanced, ARP bolts etc cost? Well look at it this way I still had a 35 year old rod that cost $100 less than new H Beam items that were lighter, already balanced, new bushes etc. The point if I had my time again - I would have just purchased new rods from the start. The engine builder I use here in NZ has had a few sets (3 or 4 now I think) of the L24 rods from maxspeedingrods (google them find their website) and they have worked out very good value. Just a thought. Quote
260Coupe Posted May 26, 2011 Author Posted May 26, 2011 Good point however the engine will only be used in a road car and not spun past 6500............hence why I was only after some good standard rods Quote
jamo240 Posted May 27, 2011 Posted May 27, 2011 I have a set...I'll have a look at em and see if they're good to go. They were retired from service in 1988, so you can think of em as only having 15 years life on them, not 35!! Jamo Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.