Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hi All,

 

Just come onboard with this forum.

 

I don't own a Zed car, but have a great admiration for the 260+2.

 

My toys are closely related, they are KHR30 Skylines. One is the rarest of all R30's, the top spec GT-ES Paul Newman Version with an L20et 6cyl SOHC 12V engine, somewhat similar to the early Zed car L-series and the other is a track spec very modified DR30 with an FJ20et engine.

 

Hope to see you all at Datnats next year.

 

Cheers,

 

Dennis

Posted

Hi Dennis,

 

welcome! Which part of Sydney are you in?

 

Do you plan to get a Zed eventually?

 

The DR30's sure bring back memories- the Peter jackson team with Fury/Seton, Scott, Shiels.

 

Time to dig out those vhs tapes with Gary Wilkinson & Andy Raymond  ;D

Posted

Mike,

 

I'm out in the Macarthur area, good old Campbelltown to be exact, well sort of.

 

I wouldn't mind a 260+2 as I said, but the good ones are far to expensive and the duds are just that, mostly to far gone to retrieve that I have seen.

 

The KHR30 I have is 1 of only 3 coupes in Australia and 1 of 4 known in Oz. There is a sedan in Queensland, but it's not turbo L20et as the previous owners blew the turbo and converted it to triple mikunis.

 

I'm looking to build an L28et for mine and probably intercooled, as I have done a lot of research into the old school L-series engines and I think I can get very good torque figures at low boost levels and therefore make it a very responsive street car. Might not be strictly stock, but not many are these days and it's only a concourse type event where it would make any difference.

 

Cheers,

 

Dennis

 

 

 

 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...