Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

Here's a Question for the experts then, & before a moderator jumps down my throat, no I haven't yet seen this asked or found a thread on it - would a standard factory 240z (the replica-wood-type) steering wheel fit & work (as in horn operation, turn signal cancellation, etc) on a 260z? Or vice versa, or are they so totally different in the internals?

Posted

yes they work :) my 260z had a 240z wheel on it when I purchased it :) + most/all early Datsun aka 1600, 160J, 180B, 200B, 240z,260z,280zx all have the same spline setup for the wheels = which is why there is only one Momo boss kit for early Datsuns ;)

Posted

Thanks NZeder, I was thinking that the internals might be different given that the horn pads are so different in size. My stock 260 wheel has started to perish in the foam so I'll need a replacement eventually. I kinda like the old school 'wood' look of the 240 so that is one option.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...