classicZ Posted June 10, 2010 Posted June 10, 2010 Hi, can anyone help me with fuel pump information for a 260z. There seems to be an electric fuel pump in the tank, i can hear it when the ignition is on. There also seems to be a fuel pump attached to the block. So that makes two?? Regards Quote
Moderators Zedman240® Posted June 10, 2010 Moderators Posted June 10, 2010 The electric pump if original, should be mounted on a bracket behind the diff. Mechanical pump was only for early models or 240Z. Make sure but one should be disconnected. The mechanical pump I think may be disconnected. Quote
Stivva Posted June 10, 2010 Posted June 10, 2010 I have an 044 left over from my last car, can I fit that in my 260z? Quote
Pedro Posted June 10, 2010 Posted June 10, 2010 i had a mechanical pump in my260z 12/75, and no rear pump. . I installed a rear pump using factory wiring which is already there. I put a datsun L20B plate over the hole for the front pump. Quote
Scoota G Posted June 10, 2010 Posted June 10, 2010 I run the stock pump with Triples but i have a Mazda pump out of a 626 to go in. Quote
maddos Posted June 10, 2010 Posted June 10, 2010 Might be a later model 260 which came with the electric pump fitted. Then maybe and engine change came with the mechanical one fitted and was left on? Couldn't see a problem with two pumps because even if both work it's not like it will double the fuel pressure. Does build in a degree of redundancy if they do both work though. If it aint broken.... Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.