luvemfast Posted January 29, 2010 Posted January 29, 2010 Anyone have a 5 speed gearbox laying around they would like to get rid of? Haunted hills is coming fast and I have discovered that my box has some nasty bits in it, so I need a replacement. Thanks, Simon Quote
C.A.R. Posted January 29, 2010 Posted January 29, 2010 I don't have one in useable condition atm (without requireing a rebuild). I'll keep my ear to the ground though... Quote
dat2kman Posted January 30, 2010 Posted January 30, 2010 Step 1. Drain oil into bucket, empty and go "Oohh Ahh" at shiny bits. Step 2, pick up box, give good shake back and forth and up and down, watch other shiny bits fall out, continue until you have no feeling in your upper body muscular skeletal region. Step 3 Put oil ( old or new, it dont matter) back in. It will make funny grinding/screaming/grating noise for a while, or untill whats left of loose shiny bits re-embeds itselves back into bearing races and other metal to meatl bits. They can still surprise you with their ability to continue to work, and work quite well. Above is an old dirt rally mob trick Quote
luvemfast Posted January 30, 2010 Author Posted January 30, 2010 I like to think that every bit that comes out is less weight slowing me down Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.