Custom Z Gearknob

sexual_sushi

Finally got around to making some custom z logos for some gearknobs...

Gearknob2.jpg

Gearknob1.jpg

Gearknob3.jpg

My parents 300zx needed one and I had another spare, I'll see how it looks in the yellow car but if it looks out of place I might chuck it in my daily driver.

Thanks mike, haha i think to get defected for lack of shift pattern you must be a) doing something horribly wrong/dangerous b) being a complete dick to the cop.

Although the cops that hang out around places that bogans meet up are very particular with their inspections, but I can't argue with that, especially considering most of the people at these places will probably end up crashing their skyline, with supercheap pod filter, into an elderly person crossing the street. Haha enough of a rant.

Steve: yeah if anyone wants one I can make/sell them. Only problem is that these are isotta knobs which are generally quite expensive (can be $100-$180 just for the knob). I got these 2 off ebay for a lot less but they don't come up all that often and they are actually 'used'. I can do it to any gearknob that you can remove the button on, but a lot of the cheaper knobs do look, well, cheap. I wouldn't mind getting a wood knob and doing a z logo on that.

Haha cheers ZZZ8, i've actually heard that before :P

hmmm I can't see why not. I am a little concerned about durability, I'll look into it,  good idea. I can print on aluminium which is also quite durable, but more expensive. Might be another option. I'm also gonna make a replacement dash emblem. It won't look stock but it would be a nice cheap alternative to the 260z badge which is nearly impossible to find due to the 260/280 american thing.

tbscobraz: do you mean the "old school" Z font with the filled in 3d style of the last pic? I'll have to draw it from scratch but it can be done.

RBZ: your pieces have been made, I'll just let them set over the weekend before I post them. PM'ing you now :)

Hey Shaun I like the idea of a dashboard emblem (260Z stock though) but would look at what you put up. I saw your car being admired by many at Pacific Paradise car park a weekend or two ago and then down at Mudjimba.

Lynton: yeah I'll have a look and see what I can do :), another alternative could be Greg's method that he has been using to make the hatch badges etc? No chrome finish but still look damn fine. If you were really after a stock looking one, Greg mentioned he could get them chromed but it's like $100 a badge or something.

Haha were you stalking me? ;) Yeah I have freinds in Mujimba so I visit occasionally. Would have been good to have a chat, haven't seen you for a year or 2

tbscobraZ: haha cheers

The costs aren't a lot, it's mainly just time. I have printed a few sheets of the logos I have posted, so there is no printing cost atm. If you wanted one I would say around $15? (without gearknob obviously).

I have just gotten my hands on another isotta knob the same style as the tall thin polished one in the first picture. I can make it for someone with any logo you like for $90 or I may keep it and somone can buy the round style knob I posted for the same price.