Convertible Zed

warrenz

Hi,

Driving home tonight on Pascoe Vale Rd at Broadmeadows I spotted a Z coming up behind me. But when it pulled alongside it was a convertible.

It was pure 240/260 from the A pillar forward but interior and tail were not. Tail lights looked a bit Corvette ish. It also sound like a very sweet V8.

Rego was LETHLZ (or something like that)

Any one know anything about this interesting looking and sounding car?

Warren

That would be an interesting car to see. I'm not a big fan of those corvette lights however a convertable zed is always interesting. Was the roof down?

I've seen a green convertable Z with the roof up and the roof was a little dodgey looking when up.

Cheers

Sulio

• Administrators

I've seen one like it on Warrigul road but it was an ex 2+2 with an L26 it was advertised on ebay asking price $11,000 I don't think it was the same one.

I did see pics of a similar one to what you describe from the Nationals a few years ago I might see if i can dig up a pic of it. Who knows could be the same Z. :lol:

• Administrators

They're both pretty neat convertables. When I win lotto I'll have to add one of those convertables to my collection of Datsuns. :wink: Hmmm...I reckon the 2+2 looks pretty good as a convertable and you could fit the extra people in the back to make a great cruiser!

I personally find the curve of the roof adds quite a bit to the overall look of the S30 however if Japan had of brought out these cars as convertables I think they would have been a big hit. The roadster would have had a tough younger sister to fill the market with at the time!

Oooh...MGB fans would have really hated that!

Cheers

Sulio

• 4 weeks later...

Hello everyone

Most likely most of you have visited my website ZPARTS.COM in the US many times, so I thought it would be nice to turn the tables and take a look around some of the popular Aussie sites.

Regarding this convertible topic, you all may find it interesting to a section on my site where I am working on several 2+2 centric projects. As part of that section I have plans to develop a special photo showcase of stock and convertible 2+2 Z cars. At the moment, I am seeking contact with the owner of the red 2+2 often shown in Australian shows. I've also been sent photos of a recently finished silver 2+2 convertible located in New Zealand. It's quite sharp.

Anyway, there's already a bit of content and photos in my project section and more will be added soon. Direct URL to the opening page to the Sleek Z section is at http://www.zparts.com/showcase/sleekz/szp-index.html

As for examples of S30 coupe based convertibles, there are already quire a few of those featured through out my site. Eventually they will all be showcased in one display, but for now you will have to hunt around a bit.

btw, I just dropped by to contact one of your members here that goes by the user name "Stav", but can't figure out yet how to send the guy a PM. Any help would be appreciated.

Sleek Z

email: photos@zparts.com

there is a yellow one, in keilor downs, but the car has a full body kit, GTO stlye front end and corvette rear, im sure ive seen the whole body kit in a US catalog somewhere.... but im 200% sure its either a 280zx or a 260z, with a body kit and yellow... looks ok very unique, but prefer hardtop coupe...

i'll try and find the pictures of the body kit

Natez

Thank you. Will most appreciate if if you can shoot me some angles of that 2+2 converible car in a light and location that both reveal the body kit's distinctive design details and show off the car to it's best look.

I recommend placing the car on level ground with wheels turn straight ahead as opposed to leaned over along a curb or inclined in a driveway with wheels turn out. Below are links to some Z cars shot in best light and location to give you an idea what I am hoping for. If the light is best for a 3/4 frontal angle shot, I advise next turning the car around before you take the rear angle views so that rear details of car will not be in dark shadows.

Please send them to photos@zparts.com

Example of an easy shot to take of a convertibe Z if you have a small ladder or something to stand on handy. This beauty was produced by PiereZ restoration shop, one of the main four shops that did the stock restorations for Nissan's restoration program several years ago. You can't see it in the shot, but this car's windshield was cut down aprox 2-4" which gives it something of a classy roadster look.

See it on my site at http://www.zparts.com/events/wcn2002/promo/image/DCP_3551.html

http://www.zparts.com/ads/cars4sale/ads/dzp-78crm_sivr/750w/DCP_0708rw.jpg

http://www.zparts.com/ads/cars4sale/ads/sk_yel260z/750w/DCP_0282rw1bs.jpg

http://www.zparts.com/showcase/zcarstats/images/med/88_300zxt_rw2.jpg

Thanks much,

Sleek Z

aka Eric Neyerlin - owner of ZPARTS.COM

• Administrators

btw' date=' I just dropped by to contact one of your members here that goes by the user name "Stav", but can't figure out yet how to send the guy a PM. Any help would be appreciated.

Sleek Z

email: photos@zparts.com[/quote']

To send a PM just click at the bottom of each persons response where it has the PM button don't worry if it's not Stav because you can easily change the name once in the PM section.

I don't believe he's participated in many threads yet making it harder to see how to PM him. Anyway that's just one of the functions I need to work on to improve the site.

Thanks.

Gavin :D