luvemfast Posted October 20, 2008 Posted October 20, 2008 Thought that I'd share some pics of the strut bar that I made for the car. Stainless mounts folded with a solid steel bar. Took a few hours after work, probably more time to design it than to actual make it. I tend to go overboard with 3D models and doing cosmos analysis on it to get better results before I actually make it. I also left a bigger inside dia so I can fit adjustable camber plates in the future. Quote
pauly_adams Posted October 21, 2008 Posted October 21, 2008 hey simon so when you making me one, it looks good by the way. cheers pauly Quote
stevo_gj Posted October 21, 2008 Posted October 21, 2008 Looks great, let us know if you feel like selling a few Quote
ol_skl_jp Posted October 21, 2008 Posted October 21, 2008 Did you get and engineering shop to cut out the plates for you and make the bar links?? Quote
luvemfast Posted October 21, 2008 Author Posted October 21, 2008 Did you get and engineering shop to cut out the plates for you and make the bar links?? I work in the engineering trade, so I made it all from scratch. Priced laser cutting, was too much IMHO. Used a wire cutter (EDM) to cut the mounts out. Used an oxy-acetelyne to heat up and bend the bar, then weld it to the end bushes that I turned on the lathe. For me to sell them would be too expensive due to laser cutting costs. Also were a bastard to bend the plates as the bends interfere with each other on the bender...... ended up using a vice and a hammer. Quote
Aaron Neubauer Posted October 22, 2008 Posted October 22, 2008 That looks well thought out and of quality workmanship! Congrats! Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.