Bleeding Brakes Advice

Hi all,

Just bleeding my brakes on my 1978 Datsun 260Z as I needed to disconnect the front calipers to service the struts.

Having some issues with a soft pedal (wont brake until foot flat to floor).

Just trying to eliminate possible issues - am I right in saying that the reservoir for the front calipers on the BMC is not related to the reservoir for the rear drums?? So if I had a air bubble in the front - it could not migrate to the rear lines? I am re-bleeding the entire system regardless from rear to front but keen to get any ideas where the source of the problem could be.

Thanks in advance

BMC.png

BMC 2.png

Technically you are correct however old master cylinders that haven't been bled for a long time don't like to travel through  a long stroke (as you do when bleeding) as the seals get damaged by crud deposited in the region where the seals normally don't operate. 

If you are confident that both front a rear systems have been bled properly then good chance the master cylinder seals are damaged and are bypassing.