Kent Posted October 17, 2018 Posted October 17, 2018 Hi Guys, Does anyone have a broken 5 speed gearbox they no longer need? i am looking for a FS5W71B bellhouse to modify for use to bolt onto a 71C gearbox. Preferably in Sydney, but open to shipping if you don't mind going to the effort! Also looking for a clutch fork, gearbox side yolk from a driveshaft, and a clutch slave cylinder from a 71B Thanks guys! Kent Quote
Kent Posted October 25, 2018 Author Posted October 25, 2018 Thanks to @CraigZ i have the fork sorted, still keen to find the other parts.. especially the bellhousing Thanks guys Quote
Riceburner Posted October 25, 2018 Posted October 25, 2018 This one has already had some machining done for the counter shaft bearing https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Datsun-L-Series-manual-gearbox-Front-Bellhousing-Suit-Cut-And-Shut-Only/173606920416?hash=item286bc760e0:g:22gAAOSwNJpbfTDA:rk:1:pf:0 Quote
Kent Posted October 25, 2018 Author Posted October 25, 2018 (edited) Thanks riceburner, I had looked at that, though I need a full bellhousing to attach to a s14 gearbox (I have an early 240z, and trying to keep everything intact) rather than welding it onto an s15 one. I actually bought my s14 gearbox off that guy, he seems to do the conversions, but as soon as I bought the gearbox off him on eBay he got super difficult after I enquired if he could make the mods and ship it completed for me, he said he could but only made to order on a different gearbox and tried to cancel the auction purchase on me .. not sure what his problem was.. wasn't like I was expecting him to do it out of the goodness of his heart and love for the Z! Will find the bits and get someone in Sydney to do it for me instead... Edited October 25, 2018 by Kent Quote
hmd Posted October 25, 2018 Posted October 25, 2018 Kent, Stewart Wilkins https://www.swmotorsport.com.au/ will have the bits and he can do all this for you. Quote
d3c0y Posted November 30, 2018 Posted November 30, 2018 Hey Kent, if you are still looking for a bell housing I have one. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.