Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Administrators
Posted

Hi Folks,

 

So the short story is, I may have found a NOS bonnet (but it's very pricey) and therefore I'm looking to potentially offload this bonnet (offset the cost). Since I wasn't able to find a good bonnet for a while now I was contemplating filling in the flutes/vents on this 1. However it seems a little sad to do that when someone might want a good fluted bonnet themselves.

 

I won't be selling this really until I've got the new 1 in my possession and fitted it and am happy with it. So for now it's just an expression of interest (as I know a few of us are seeking a bonnet).

 

I'm going to say price wise I'd like to get $1,000 AUD for it.

 

I can't guarantee it's got no filler or rust, but I'd be very surprised if that was the case. When I got it, it was painted green (factory green from memory) and there was no signs of rust or previous damage. However I have never had it back to bare metal. But if you look at the lines of the bonnet it's very true compared to many with the dip or bow at the front.

 

The vents themselves have 1 or 2 studs broken off where the nuts attach, this is a common problem with the plastic vents. The right adhesive and a little skill would resolve it.

 

It was painted by Blind Freddy who was given a hand by Stevie Wonder, so plenty of orange peel going on. I've never been happy with it. But I doubt the paint colour would match whatever red your S30Z is anyway.

 

Feel free to send me a PM if you're interested in it, I am more than happy for you to come inspect in person to make sure you're happy before settling on it, basically I'm just looking for confirmation there would be interest in it at the current price point.

First in gets first refusal and so on etc..

Slight caveat I may not sell it if I can't secure the NOS bonnet.

 

 

post-1-0-79584600-1484140288.jpg

post-1-0-29478600-1484140290.jpg

post-1-0-86441300-1484139715.jpg

post-1-0-44133000-1484139717.jpg

  • Administrators
Posted

It's in Melbourne with the car, actually the car is down with Lachlan and Les Collins at the minute being used as a test mule.

  • Administrators
Posted

Ill go swaps for a bare metal (non fluted) hood

Very good condition slight dint were the latch is from closing... front edge perfect

Any photos of the damage you can share?

  • 2 months later...
Posted

Gav, I am unsure what the NOS is worth now but too make you feel bad, I picked up the last bonnet in OZ for my zed in 2010 from Randwick Nissan for $600.00. The original bonnet fir better.

  • Administrators
Posted

Gav, I am unsure what the NOS is worth now but too make you feel bad, I picked up the last bonnet in OZ for my zed in 2010 from Randwick Nissan for $600.00. The original bonnet fir better.

 

The original bonnet from the car fit better or the NOS bonnet fit better? Yeah $600 is about right... mine has cost me at least double that and a big part of the cost was shipping.. But I've probably spent more than that in time / money for the night course and materials repairing the bent 1 from HS30 00150. Of course I have learnt a lot from it and you can't put a price on that part of it and it is the cars original bonnet!

  • gav240z changed the title to Eoi - Very Straight Fluted/Vented Bonnet (260z)
  • Administrators
Posted

Bump, getting ready to move this bonnet on now. Car is getting repainted..

Asking price, still $1000 pretty firm given how hard it is to find a good 1. Reproductions are ok, but you take your chances with fitment.

May be able to strip paint off leading edge to make people feel better?

 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...