Dash Resto And Gauge Installation.

260Lowe

Hi All,

After a little bit of advice, I've just gotten my dash back from the Dash Doctor and am really happy with the result.

However, the gauges don't even go close to fitting back in properly.The speedo fits but falls short of the mounting screw being able to take up position, same for the tacho.The other gauges are really difficult to even get started.

Does anyone have any advice on getting them back in place with care so as not to damage the work that's been done?

Thanks in advance,

Hi All,

After a little bit of advice, I've just gotten my dash back from the Dash Doctor and am really happy with the result.

However, the gauges don't even go close to fitting back in properly.The speedo fits but falls short of the mounting screw being able to take up position, same for the tacho.The other gauges are really difficult to even get started.

Does anyone have any advice on getting them back in place with care so as not to damage the work that's been done?

Thanks in advance,

You can try heating up the dash with a hairdryer applying plenty of heat in the area that the gauge needs to fit.  This should give you some 'give' to ease it in.  This is the problem with a reskin unfortunately.  I think I ended up at one point on one of my dashes not getting it all the way in and securing it with a couple of 'dobs' of sikaflex, although you need to make sure it is in far enough to connect your speedo cable!

Cheers,

Rev.

You can try heating up the dash with a hairdryer applying plenty of heat in the area that the gauge needs to fit.  This should give you some 'give' to ease it in.  This is the problem with a reskin unfortunately.  I think I ended up at one point on one of my dashes not getting it all the way in and securing it with a couple of 'dobs' of sikaflex, although you need to make sure it is in far enough to connect your speedo cable!

Cheers,

Rev.

Hey Rev if you apply heat to the dash the covering will come free and go hard as a rock. It's how i remove the old dash plastic vinyl.