chardtye Posted July 2, 2016 Posted July 2, 2016 Hi just wanted to say hi to everyone, and get a few posts up. I have just got the z bug and recently purchased my first 260z. I have a suggestion, I'd love to see a engine number resource. If I could search for L series engines that matches my car it would be easier to locate original blocks. Just a thought Quote
Administrators gav240z Posted July 2, 2016 Administrators Posted July 2, 2016 Probably not the best resource but is this what you mean? http://www.viczcar.com/forum/topic/11811-l24-xxxxx-l26-xxxxx-or-l28-xxxxx-for-your-240z-260z-280zx-restoration/ Quote
chardtye Posted July 2, 2016 Author Posted July 2, 2016 Hell yes it is. It even has my orange car in there. Lol gav240z 1 Quote
chris240 Posted July 3, 2016 Posted July 3, 2016 Welcomz How about some pics , is the car a goer or rebuild ? Quote
chardtye Posted July 3, 2016 Author Posted July 3, 2016 Well pics are in gav's link. It's a goer but can't say I'm real happy with the way it is. Performance wise or look wise.dash has been sprayed orange and capped. Since it's already been bastardized, it leaves options open a little. Looks wise, I'm a real sucker for originality. I think datsun got it right the first time. One of the sexiest interiors I have seen Quote
dat240z Posted July 3, 2016 Posted July 3, 2016 (edited) Orange sprayed dash!! My God........ what was the previous owner thinking. Its up to you now to get her back looking the way she should be... Oh and welcome! Edited July 3, 2016 by dat240z Quote
chardtye Posted July 3, 2016 Author Posted July 3, 2016 Thank-you dat240. Well these things can be solved with time and money. And of course the luck of finding new old stock parts with a car older then me Quote
chardtye Posted July 3, 2016 Author Posted July 3, 2016 And definitely a car you need sunnies to drive Quote
chris240 Posted July 4, 2016 Posted July 4, 2016 Hahaha, just saw the pics, Does it still look like that now ? Its very 1988. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.