SMOKEZ Posted October 17, 2005 Posted October 17, 2005 Hi guys, Am about to finalise the purchase of a Zed soon.......cant wait! I see alot of shmick looking zeds here so i gather theres gotta be some workshops in Melbourne that thoroughly know the Zeds inside out. I spent some time in the SEARCH function and found nothing apart from Costa, but not sure that the workshop is still in operations. Therefore, what i want to ask is can anybody recommend any workshops at all for me close to the South East burbs of melb....but am willing to travel! I need a mechanic that can take care of servicing and tuning with the odd modification here n there....suspension, drivetrain and mechanicals. Thanking everybody in advance! Quote
luke_mcmahon85 Posted October 18, 2005 Posted October 18, 2005 There's Zworx in mentone, and the Zshop in Glen Iris (http://www.zshop.net.au/) I don't have that much experience with either of them, but z worx fixed a door lock problem i had very cheaply, and also got me a couple of seatbelts. i buy some parts from the zshop occaisionally, not sure about how much he charges for work though...he tends to have mainly race cars in whenever i'm there i'm sure someone else will give you more details Quote
Zeddophile Posted October 18, 2005 Posted October 18, 2005 As far as modifications, Z-Shop definitely know what works and what doesn't, they have campaigned a number of race zeds, and as he said to me, they like their race cars to win. He is on the expensive side, but does definitely know whats what with zeds. Z-worx i don't know anything about, but from all reports they are very good too. Theres a bloke just off highbury rd in Burwood, which someone was recommending a while back.... In a bunch of little factorys down next to the Audi joint, pretty much opposite the cemetery.... Quote
SMOKEZ Posted October 18, 2005 Author Posted October 18, 2005 thnx guys! Its good to know that there are some mechanics that specialise in these cars that are 30+ years. the last time i needed a Zed part was like 10 years ago at ZSpares in Clayton.........Crikey.......its been that long :shock: Once i get the Zed i'll drop by to the workshops for sure. Cheers! Quote
Administrators gav240z Posted October 18, 2005 Administrators Posted October 18, 2005 Zshop is Zspares just a different location. I'd recommend Costa but I haven't been able to get a hold of him lately myself. I think it comes down to what kind of work you need done. Quote
SMOKEZ Posted October 19, 2005 Author Posted October 19, 2005 Thnx Gav, Once i get the Zed i'll do the following at the same time First thing will be to put new ball joints and suspension parts....maybe looking at polyurethene bits n pieces.....so it'll track nice n straight! Secondly will be give it a thorough tune as i'll drive it as is for 12 months until i suss out the engineering side of a RB26TT Thirdly will be to replace all seal rubbers. Fourth is to strip interior and sound deaden the whole thing Oh! Can anybody recommend any place that can re-do the aircon to the Zed?? being a 30+ year old car i know that the unit has to be modified to accept the new gas refridgerant. Hopefully i can find the one mechanic that can do all the above in one hit. I ask u guys because there some good Zeds out there and most importantly, i want to suport the Zed community and mechanics by giving my cash to those that do the right job. Cheers! Quote
Zeddophile Posted October 19, 2005 Posted October 19, 2005 Anyone can do aircon, long as they have the gear and the licence. Since it sounds like you are going to spend a lot of money, you may as well just have the whole system redone - ie new hoses made, new compressor, new condenser and drier etc... I don't know that most of the zed specialists would have the gassing equipment or the licence to do it though. Quote
SMOKEZ Posted October 19, 2005 Author Posted October 19, 2005 Thnx Mr Zee, i guess i'll ring around places like NatRad and see if they can re-do the whole system. But i will definetly take up that advice as money will not be an issue...but doing things to the car must be perfect cause i got a little boy whose now starting to walk and i really cant wait to whack his Recaro baby seat in the front seat and go for a cruise, so i need everything to be perfect! Cheers! Quote
Administrators gav240z Posted October 20, 2005 Administrators Posted October 20, 2005 Just thought I'd give a follow up on Costa. Costa is currently overloaded with work and is not taking on anymore until he can clear up some of the projects he has to finish. I'll be sure to let everyone know when he wants some extra work but I have a feeling he won't be available again for more work until the end of the year or start of next year. In terms of aircon systems there have been a few discussions at www.classiczcars.com it seems the original units were not that flash and it may be worthwhile buying a new system as Zeddophile was saying. Recaro baby seat hey! Your little fella will be spoilt . Quote
Lynton Posted October 26, 2005 Posted October 26, 2005 Guys another great Zed mechanic is DJM Automotive, Factory 8/8 Evans St, BURWOOD 3125 Regards Lynton Quote
Jimbo Posted October 27, 2005 Posted October 27, 2005 Hey Lynton, DJM Automotive !!! would you know if that is Daniel Moore Thanks Jimbo Quote
Lynton Posted October 27, 2005 Posted October 27, 2005 Yes Jimbo that's Daniel Moore Regards Lynton Quote
Administrators gav240z Posted October 28, 2005 Administrators Posted October 28, 2005 I don't believe I've met Daniel yet, I hear he's quite good and Costa tells me he's very good also. So I guess I can recommend him from word of mouth . Quote
Jimbo Posted October 28, 2005 Posted October 28, 2005 Daniel Moore was in Mt Waverley, but moved from there & I lost track of him.. he,s very good.. Its a bit hard to keep up to date with things from up here, thats why this site is excellent. Thanks Lynton :lol: :lol: :lol: Jimbo Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.