Historics at Morgan Park 2 & 3 May

260DET

Should be able to get out to MP after lunch. No cars using the track at present, I heard them a bit yesterday during breaks in the rain so no doubt that at least the track is covered with debris.

Lot f mfd washed over, they have the bg scrubbers brushing it off.

Weather looks brilliant for next couple days.

Just checked the entrants list for Group S.

If i was in the Z, i'da been 2nd outright in all events, f I was in the Group T car, same, just cant match the brakes and corner exit ability of the 990og Lfghtweight Porsche.

Now if the Z's could get brakes, carbs and rims, it'd be a different matter!

• Moderators

Poor tradesman blames his tools...

* sits back and waits for fireworks*

But is that because a poor tradesman has poor tools ?

All back to business as usual this arvo, never seen so many race cars at MP, the place is packed. One thing I did notice is that the P cars were in the handy good concrete floor garages while the Datsuns were down the back in the muddy part. Hmmmm.

• 2 months later...

Back on again this weekend, they are out there practicing now. Only one 240Z in Sc, Chris Gray. Jon Siddins will be there with both the green Zed and the Pintara TRX. I'm not familiar with the classes he is in, would go out for a look but the $20 admission fee puts me off because most of it is pretty 'follow the leader' boring stuff.

John will be running regularity.

But for $20 would be the best value for money race meeting on in Queensland with all types of cars and all eras from pre war through to the 80's.

This is the best race meeting of the year in Queensland. yes some categories are a bit follow the leader, but others put on cracking races and the cars are all pukkah as they were raced in the day race cars except for the Group S and Group N boys, but then the specs are pretty close to what was only available in the day.

I am not happy i won't be able to make it out there over the weekend, the first time I will miss this meeting for a long long time.

You must be very hard to please as a spectator Richard if the historics and the variety of cars with a proper racing history doesn't float your boat.....

The problem at Morgan Park is that the long circuit is always used and for a spectator it's rubbish, you can only see a small portion of the track no matter where you spectate. There are alternative circuits which offer much better viewing but for whatever reason they are not used. I went last time, the most interesting part was walking around the pits where you can look at the cars close up because during the time I was there from the grandstand there was no passing at all. In contrast to the sprints.

Membership to the HRCC gets you free spectator entry to their two meetings a year thare at MP.

And if you have an acceptable car, entry fees to the events also are discounted.

Best value for money CAMS car club.

No bias, no lnger a member,,,

A reverse grid with places based on the previous normal grid's lap times would be an idea, the real racers should welcome that too. Because at present it looks like there are a couple out front who are really trying while the rest fill in the numbers.

A reverse grid with places based on the previous normal grid's lap times would be an idea, the real racers should welcome that too. Because at present it looks like there are a couple out front who are really trying while the rest fill in the numbers.

Ummm, yes, we do that, plenty of times.

We also sometimes do a handicap scratch race, reverse grid, off lqualifying times.

The organiser/handicapper intention, is to have all cars finish across the line, at same time,,,,

This never happens,,,,

Last few years we have done the reverse grid handicap, naturally, as I was on pole, or front row, i'd get a 65-70 second " hold" and then go chase everyone down.

And managed to win quite a few of those!

Buy a Historic car, and come and play, all over Australia, lots of races, lots of tracks, lots of fun!

Jason ;D Have the 2-3 May program in my hand, let's have a look here.

Hmmm, it says that the over 1600 Sc record is held by Geoffrey Morgan in a P car of course, K circuit, 1:26.7. Now let's look at the over 1600 Group T lot, here we are, Jason Lea, Datsun Sports 2000, 1:30. Errr, that's over three seconds slower than the P car and no doubt a few other Sc cars too. I am less than impressed, sorry.

Now to all this claimed reverse grid and other shenanagins. How strange, no mention of reverse grids at all. Ah, what's this, three races will have rolling starts, wow, and one will be a handicap, outstanding :D