Zcruiser Posted April 17, 2015 Posted April 17, 2015 Hello people, I'm new on here but old school cruiser from way back! I have always loved the Z car classic shape and stance, so after many years away from the car scene I have made the decision to re-enter it in a Datsun! Be nice!! I did spend my early years building early Mazda's and collecting memorabilia, however, I have always said to my fellow enthusiast's if I didn't fall into the Mazda scene I would have been a Datsun owner It's time for a change.... I am no stranger to searching, collecting, rebuilding and restoring. I'll be honest and say I am in need of general info and what to look out for on Z cars models especially common rust areas. I do wish to buy one soon, a 240 or 260 (2 seater). There are a lot of posts and pictures on here but some help would always be appreciated, so link me up in the right direction!! I would love a road going, unmolested car, semi restored or minor works required. My aim is a white, blue or silver colour, Jap spec stance, fender mirrors and all, so if one exists and is for sale I am all ears. Hope to catch up on the next outing. All the best, Matt Zcruiser Quote
George Posted April 17, 2015 Posted April 17, 2015 Welcome Matt. You're certainly in the right place to find help and feed your addiction. Subscribe to this topic - http://www.viczcar.com/forum/index.php/topic,2630.0.html Pretty much every Datsun that comes on the market makes its way in there. Which Mazda's have you owned? Quote
Zcruiser Posted April 18, 2015 Author Posted April 18, 2015 Welcome Matt. You're certainly in the right place to find help and feed your addiction. Subscribe to this topic - http://www.viczcar.com/forum/index.php/topic,2630.0.html Pretty much every Datsun that comes on the market makes its way in there. Which Mazda's have you owned? Hi George, thanks for the reply. The correct question would be which one's haven't I owned that would be a much shorter list. In the past I had all models (piston and Rotary) from 1969 to 1984 except an RX7 and an RX8. It would be nice to have a first gen RX7 Series 2 but not before a Datsun 240/260! Quote
sydney mike Posted April 18, 2015 Posted April 18, 2015 Welcome Matt, hope you find a Zed soon. I knew a Matthew with a RX5, your surname doesn't start with a "D" does it? cheers, Mike. Quote
Zcruiser Posted April 19, 2015 Author Posted April 19, 2015 Welcome Matt, hope you find a Zed soon. I knew a Matthew with a RX5, your surname doesn't start with a "D" does it? cheers, Mike. Hi Mike, No sorry, not the same Matthew. I tried calling/smsing a guy today to go see a 260 2x2 on gumtree but no response from him! Quote
Moderators PB260Z Posted April 19, 2015 Moderators Posted April 19, 2015 Welcome Matt What Rusts on a Z ?, Just about everything , Seriously though have a look through a few build threads and you should get an idea of the magnitude of rust possibilities But some areas to watch Sills & Dog Legs Roof, from the cant rails outwards Rad support Chassis rails, both floor and were they meet the firewall. Rear slam panel And the list goes on. Cheers PB Quote
Moderators Zedman240® Posted April 19, 2015 Moderators Posted April 19, 2015 Welcome! With the rust don't forget the battery area and firewall near there. Common place and a b$^&h to repair. Quote
Moderators PB260Z Posted April 19, 2015 Moderators Posted April 19, 2015 Welcome! With the rust don't forget the battery area and firewall near there. Common place and a b$^&h to repair. And there is the first of what I suspect are many areas I left off my original post Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.