h4 headlight replacement for 260z

MR260

arrr make that $32.95ea from Repco + the globes , they call it a semi-sealed unit. If its painted burgundy on the back , then its the "good" one. Cant recall the brand. Im picking mine up tomorrow. What do you guys think of the ice-blue globes ? There supposed to emit a more white light. any thoughts on globe types ??

chris

arrr make that $32.95ea from Repco + the globes , they call it a semi-sealed unit. If its painted burgundy on the back , then its the "good" one. Cant recall the brand. Im picking mine up tomorrow. What do you guys think of the ice-blue globes ? There supposed to emit a more white light. any thoughts on globe types ??

chris

So yeh $60-$80 from Repco :P

I get it cheaper cos a mate works there.

my mate works at autobarn so regularly trys out different "white" globes and says only the more expensive ones put out more light than normal globes (i think these globes can set you back over $100 a pair?) but if ur just after the white look they all do the job...projectors is where its at though, its the only way to get the awesome colours flashing oncoming traffic :D

http://www.haknslash.com/pictures/HID/fritenitesretro/aligned/P1010005.JPG

http://www.haknslash.com/pictures/HID/lucent%20lighting/SR20SRT4/P1010011.jpg

to replace the lights you jack up the front side of the car you want to do and undo the 4 screws at the back of hte light holder, which then removes with the light.  some people reakon you can just undo the 3 screws which hold the light into this holder while its still mounted in the car, but i've never had any luck doing it that way...to change to h4 you'd then have to put some relays in too as stated, although interestingly enough i ran the hid's in my car thoguh stock wiring for quite some time and it all held up, although i wouldn't recommend this...

• 1 month later...

cant just screw them in , headlight will draw too much current through the switch and restrict current flow, wont make any difference to brighteness of lights , in fact will create more electrical problems than you started out with , need to isolate headlamp current draw through twin relays and draw current from higher output alternator, stock is insufficient to supply power to 100 watt h4 beams unless bulbs have sufficient voltage bulbs will continuously fail prematurely