Sports Car Racing?

260DET

The club's survey shows that overwhelmingly people want to experience the challenge of Lakeside, not QR. The previous events we have held at Lakeside were very successful with a lot of positive feedback, to change to QR would be crazy.  I'm quite sure that we could run a fun, fast and safe racing segment but unfortunately we have been denied that opportunity.

Denied by who?

Has any query been pit to QRO?

For either Lakeside or QR Clubman layout?

The "survey", was this not based on answers from attendees at a Lapz day, ie groups of 15-20 out for sperited driving, as opposed to the more serious regular sprints guys, that go a fair bit harder in groups of 6-8 cars?

The simple reason for the suggestion of QR Clubman is one of safety, ease of getting a date, greater possibility of slotting in with other race groups on a race day.

You'll no doubt make sure it wont happen, ' cos it's not at Lakeside!

Note, above quote comes from a non-serioys Lapz entrant, that rubbishes teacks like MP ( unless its the super fast TR after bridge layout, not the ones in common accepted regular use)

As further above, if at all pissible, later in 2014, I will ask again, of the HRCC, to do what we did, many years ago, it will be Lakeside, but, as Mike said above, to do a flags race at QR Clubman, would be more "attractive" overall.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you for the offers . I will put them on the back burner for now . I can not answer many question at present and thank you Jason, I was unaware that QR had changed from ASAA . Reading the new licence forms is quite interesting.  But it will also be Lakeside fot the venue as dates on weekends at both tracks fill quickly and the 17th May was one I could get . Lakeside seems more popular with the masses .Remember the group sprint we tried to organise at Ipswich some time ago. But yes ,I have asked the question to QR and I have had no answer back as yet .Being Christmas and all I don't really expect to till new year. I feel it will not be a easy question to answer for just a single club event and the answer may be no. But that is no reason why the question can not be asked for the Warwick NDN2015 event.

You may get the go ahead at NDN15, but I wouldn't hold my breath for a full race. You may have to stretch the rules and run it as a sprint but with a standing start for groups up to 6 cars and times only recorded and no "winner" other than the person with the fastest lap.

If you do do this also ensure that you have a full complement of marshals, flag, fire/rescue and race control, etc for the obvious safety reasons and arse covering in case something goes awry.

So, what working role would you non ZCCQ blokes be willing to undertake for LapZ and for NDN15 if you are keen? As you seem to be. Goes without saying that you would have to work strictly according to club instructions. So that everything runs smoothly and our club guests have a great motorsport day.

For Lapz, I would be able to lend a hand doing whatever is needed that can't be done by club members such as srcutineer and also if anyone wants to go racing point out what may need to be done for compliance to either 2F, 2B or Sc rules and what category their car fits in best.

For NDN15 a lot depends on when and what I am doing for work and what it will cost me to be there, accommodation. lost wages, etc. But more than happy to be a scrutineer and wave flags if available.

In all seriousness for NDN15, if not already organised get in contact with Qld fire and rescue club to get costs for their services and also to the QMROA (I hope that's right) for flaggies. To get the expert officials may cost but if the worse happens you will be awful glad you got them.

Thank you for the offers . I will put them on the back burner for now . I can not answer many question at present and thank you Jason, I was unaware that QR had changed from ASAA . Reading the new licence forms is quite interesting.  But it will also be Lakeside fot the venue as dates on weekends at both tracks fill quickly and the 17th May was one I could get . Lakeside seems more popular with the masses .Remember the group sprint we tried to organise at Ipswich some time ago. But yes ,I have asked the question to QR and I have had no answer back as yet .Being Christmas and all I don't really expect to till new year. I feel it will not be a easy question to answer for just a single club event and the answer may be no. But that is no reason why the question can not be asked for the Warwick NDN2015 event.

Aub,

at NDN15, under CAMS permit, at WDSCC 's M/Park, this will never ever happen.

Full stop.

As said above, it could be done at a QRO facility, simply due to the "relaxed" method of operation by QRO.

They have not run under AASA for some time now, they have their own insurances ( available for full public scrutiny btw)

Just keep NDN15 nice and simple, a tried and proven formula, use a WDSCC set of Supplementary Regs, like I did in 2009, dont alter anything, CAMS will see it is same same, rubber stamp it, and just run sprints.

Hopefully those organising or in CAMS organisational roles, in the ZCCQ, are fully CAMS licensed officials, with appropriate status and are up to date with all training requirements to conduct these roles.

Otherwise, the club could quite eadily bring in those that are!

So, what working role would you non ZCCQ blokes be willing to undertake for LapZ and for NDN15 if you are keen? As you seem to be. Goes without saying that you would have to work strictly according to club instructions. So that everything runs smoothly and our club guests have a great motorsport day.

LapZ at either QRO facility is basic Sprints, QRO usually provide staff?

A Flags to Flags Races day, under QRO, will involve more staff, as per usual QRO race days, it just needs a seperate date, ( not same day as a LapZ sprint day), as it is a somewhat different event.

NDN15 will come under CAMS licensed Officials control, and it will be those officials telling the ZCCQ what to do, not the other way around!

Same as occurs at all other CAMS permit required events.

Comes down to experience and knowing what to do, and how to do it, to keep the Stewards happy, bear in mind, they can rapidly stop an event, if correct procedure is not followed.

Hmmm, thinking more of the day to day stuff rather than the CAMS specific stuff. Like checking in participants, handing out stuff, that sort of thing. Which has to be done by volunteers who do it for the love and completely free, otherwise it gets too expensive for participants if the club has to start paying for accommodation etc.. After all it's a non profit thing, all the ZCCQ aims to do is break even financially.

As the ZCCQ has not got the breadth and depth of suitable CAMS officials, and no, four year old ones wont do, it needs to get up to speed with this.

Minimum requirements for the three or four key personell for the permit applicable events will be gold and some silver's in the appropriate field.

Basic General Fficials licensing for the basic mundane roles is fine.

If you have'nt got them, expect to be paying some monetary and accomodation compensations.

Your Stewards will be appointed by head office.

As far as the mundane stuff, ie handing out stuff, etc, use your member base, as done so well in the past.

Thankyou Jason for your obvious advice, actually the voluntary assistance thing was not an official request, it was just thrown out by me as bait. The club's members have always risen to the occasion, the great thing is that they are happy to help at their own expense to run an event that everyone can enjoy at the cheapest possible price.

Agno, yes, he is a true Richard, as seen by many, but many fear to comment.

So far off the topic of Sports Car Racing, it's a giggle!

Build a car so totally un-classifiable, and expect rule makers to change the rules,

A very good thing that here in Qld, like Vic, an ""apparently" registered ( well it has some number plates affixed) car is passed of as being "Road Registered" with clearly non complying major mods.

If you want to go Sports Car Racing, as a few, who have sought advise from experienced and knowledgable people on here, have done, and others, even here in Qld are planning to do, build up your car to the pre-existing rules and regs, that are in common use!