WTB: 240/260 2 seater.

freshin_j

Hi all,

Basically as stated. I would love a 240/260z 2 seater. Preferably with a turbo conversion but not necessary if running a tough N/A. Not in any rush cause im still in the process of selling my current car. Willing to spend 15k+ depending on condition, engine etc... Or we could work something out if your keen on an Mitsubishi Evo VII with 200kw at the wheels ;D  Willing to travell interstate for the right car.

Cheers

Chris

Dunno where you are but there is a SUHWEET red 260z 2 seater on carpoint. Apparently got a msd ign setup and the requisite triple carbs+exhaust etc. Talking to d3c0y who knows the guy ( and i actually met him but it didnt click that he was the owner ! ) it is a tight handling car and bored out and all that good stuff. I would buy it but i got an l28 bored/balanced/ported waiting for my zed.

I checked out turbos + 240z/260z = bad hassle with rego authority in Qld ( other states might be easier ).

Good luck in your search they are getting harder to find. Going from a 2000's spec EVo to a 1970's/late 60's spec car is going to be .... fun.

i have a 240Z with an RB30 turbo,located WA

the ad should be on this site,search under my posts

in two minds about selling it since i got rid of the V8 one but i am moving interstate

it is firmly priced at $15,000

hate to burst your bubble,but there are more than $15,000 mods involved in most of those cars depicted.....that's after you've paid for a half decent 240/260 in the first place

you may need to up your budget or lower your sights ::)......or stick with the Evo

• Administrators

hate to burst your bubble,but there are more than $15,000 mods involved in most of those cars depicted.....that's after you've paid for a half decent 240/260 in the first place

you may need to up your budget or lower your sights ::)......or stick with the Evo

Agreed, 10 years ago it was possible to probably do it with your budget, now however the rarity and desirability of the Z has influenced their prices.

Early RX3's are fetching 25k - 35k for decent examples, its only a matter of time before the 240z reaches that price and higher (since its a better car IMHO). Its not the cheap fun it used to be, but it still cheaper than alot of other classics.

hmmm thats interesting cause this (the silver one with cage and fj20) was for sale about a year and a half ago for 14,500. Not sure what it sold for in the end but im guessing it would have been slightly less with a bit of bargining. 15k is my bottom line by the way. Will look at anything if i like the look of it.

• Moderators

A year and a half is a very long time! As the market dries up car increase accordingly. A while ago I sold a 260 2 seater for $10,500. Now I think that same car would've got around 13-14K. The interior let it down though, almost a pink colour leather interior. Thats what you get when you buy a project car between a couple that break up! Just keep saving whatever you can so when you see the car you want, snap it up!

A year and a half is a very long time! As the market dries up car increase accordingly. A while ago I sold a 260 2 seater for $10,500. Now I think that same car would've got around 13-14K. The interior let it down though, almost a pink colour leather interior. Thats what you get when you buy a project car between a couple that break up! Just keep saving whatever you can so when you see the car you want, snap it up!

was it silver?

• Moderators

Oh...excellent! I like to keep track of my old cars.. Has he removed that leather interior? I lost the internet address of his where he was posting pics of the build, you know what it is? Found a pic of my first 260....I still miss it today!

post-801-144023485315_thumb.jpg

• Administrators

Oh...excellent! I like to keep track of my old cars.. Has he removed that leather interior? I lost the internet address of his where he was posting pics of the build, you know what it is? Found a pic of my first 260....I still miss it today!

We're really going off topic here, but why did you sell it looks mint? :).

Wish I still had my first 240z. I sold it to a mate, who hasn't done much with it in the last 4 years as he has another early Z which he is fixing first. Then he had a child and other commitments. I am hoping to buy it back, at a marked up price from what I sold it to him and fix it up to original condition. Very original car and so much fun to drive, I really miss it.

My current Z isn't the same yet, funny how you get attached to your first car. I worked hard at 16-17 to buy it.

• Administrators

Did that incidentally have a mesh JDM grille on it? I swear I saw that car down in Hawthorn near Swinburne University a few times.

Did that incidentally have a mesh JDM grille on it? I swear I saw that car down in Hawthorn near Swinburne University a few times.

sure did have a JDM grille

still got the leather interior(think mike's going to get it recoloured black),but no boom box....and here's the website

http://www.bluevista.net.au/MikesRB26Z.html

• Moderators

Sorry! I'm taking this thread in other directions! I should start a "previous Zed's" thread...

That blue one has changed hands twice since I sold it. That blue one did have a mesh grille also, was owned by a young guy who lived near Hawthorn. Now its owned by Chris Rudge in the NDSOC who has installed a RB30 with RB25 head. That pic was taken about a month before I sold it. Back then got just on $10K with ITB's and Wolf3d EFI and 3.9 LSD ....dammit! That silver one in Perth is my second Z.

Okkies, back to looking for a 240/260Z!