Pics - Cruise 13 Jan 2008, Dandenong Mt area BBQ at Gordons Place

Toecutter

Hi Guys,

Some pics of todays cruise of various Nissans organised by Craig in the Mt Dandenong area east of Melbourne. Fantastic driving with everybody dropping in for a BBQ and chat at Craigs brothers spacious place, Gordon, for a BBQ and chat. Sorry did'nt get many pics of the windy stuff as my hands were firmly on the wheel at all times.

These first pics are some of the cars at the meeting point in Lilydale.

post-4-144023480632_thumb.jpg

post-4-144023480635_thumb.jpg

post-4-144023480638_thumb.jpg

Yer Evan I think the main focus of this particular cruise was for all the people that have signed up for the Tassy cruise in Feb 08, oh and what a week long of excellent driving that will be. Unfortunatley I can't make it this year but I'm sure we'll get to see the pics.

Sulio

For Craig or Lurch, would that blue 350 be one the 350 TT that may be coming on the trip?  Either way,  i just barred up.

I'll second that.

Does anybody know what date the targa tour guys will be at Baskerville?  And are locals welcome to come along for a play?  I'm keen if my gearbox is fixed.  If not then I'd still like to head out there for a look.

Scando, we're not at Baskerville this year - we're at Symmons Plains! :(

Quite welcome to come up for a drive though ;)

We'll be there on the 12th of Feb from 11-3pm. Entry is $99.

(FWIW we'll be in Hobart on the 8th & 9th.)

Ash, you wouldn't have been able to keep up with Gordo's GTR anyway! :P

Was awesome to see Sinja in the RB26 powered beast too.

...hmmm. Lurch have the details for the Tassy tour been posted on the forums? I did a quick check and failed to find anything. From memory Craig mentioned one year they had about 60 cars on this same event so he might have used the same list of e-mails to contact people directly and keep it low key!?

Sulio

Hi fella's yeah it was a great day. We got 18 cars. Most made it back to Gordons place but some couldn't make it. We got others who just came for the BBQ with numbers around 40 for lunch.

This was as mentioned above more a get together for people I had been corresponging to me about the Tassie Trip in Feb. It was only an hours drive up and an hour back with more of an emphassis on the BBQ meet and greet. My appologies for not openning up the run to others but there will be plenty more drives this year. Sulio and I hope to get a full calender of drives posted up in the next few weeks.

Ash I like your sense of humour about your WRX. We look forward to seeing it out on the track one day or on the next drive.

Great pictures Sulio. I forgot to bring my camera mind you I wasn't expecting quite so many cars. A lot of people turned up but hadn't confirmed back via email. Just as well it was a byo barby, ha.

For the record the last Tassie trip we got 65 people and about 40 cars. This was run through the NDSOC. They declined my request to support the trip financially this year and persist with their code of conduct so we decided to run it on our own on an invitation only basis (which included Viczcar people) . Start saving for next year $1,200- for the boat and accommodation. Will post some pictures of the event later in Feb. We have 7 Zeds going this year and an assortment of other cars including GTR's etc.

Cheers

Scando, we're not at Baskerville this year - we're at Symmons Plains! :(

Quite welcome to come up for a drive though ;)

We'll be there on the 12th of Feb from 11-3pm. Entry is $99.

(FWIW we'll be in Hobart on the 8th & 9th.)

Ash, you wouldn't have been able to keep up with Gordo's GTR anyway! :P

Was awesome to see Sinja in the RB26 powered beast too.

I'm in Victoria on the 8th & 9th to pit crew for a mate at the Victorian Karting State Titles at Geelong!  That's just plain ironic  ;D

I'll definately come up to Symmons if I can get the day off though.

Scando, I'm afraid I've misinformed you :-[

Apparently we've had to register with the Symmons Plains mob for the day

& as it was organized pre-Xmas they are not allowing more people to run on the track, or some such.

Sorry about that  :-\

Your most welcome to come up & watch though ;)