Standard wheel offset for a 260z 2+2?

Dan260Z

Hi,

A bit of searching turned up mostly speculation about the standard wheel's offset... I'm hearing everything from 0mm, +4mm, and +12mm.

Measuring my factory 5.5" mags, I get +25mm, and about the same from the stock 4.5" steel spare, which is counter to everything else I've heard.  It is possible I'm not measuring it correctly of course (distance from the hub face the inner bead, then subtract wheel width/2?)

The reason I need to know is, in order to maintain track within +1" for engineering purposes, I need to know the original offset in order to calculate how much a set of +0mm offset XXR522's will add to the track (before shelling out the cash preferably!).

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Hi Dan

I just went through that with a 1973 240. I measured my standard, steel wheel offset to be  plus 15 mm. That is also stated in and old workshop manual that I have, for the early four and a half inch wheel and also the five inch steel wheel.

Perhaps double check you measuring and calculations.

Peter

• 10 months later...

as what has been mentioned the specs according to datsun 260z service manual

Rim Size: 14x5J +15

PCD: 4x114.3

Tires: 195/70VR - 14

Tire Pressure Under 160km/h (cold): 28PSI

Tire Pressure Over 160km/h (cold): 32PSI 

Thanks guys - yep you're right indeed they do have them cast on them in raised lettering.  unfortunately, technically that means by fitting +0mm offset wheels I'll increase track by 30mm (max allowable on IRS is 25mm)... but for some odd reason with the 0mm wheels fitted, measuring from the centre of the tread it still falls within 25mm of the factory stated track width of 53".  Why i don't know - but it's a good thing! 

Thanks guys - yep you're right indeed they do have them cast on them in raised lettering.  unfortunately, technically that means by fitting +0mm offset wheels I'll increase track by 30mm (max allowable on IRS is 25mm)... but for some odd reason with the 0mm wheels fitted, measuring from the centre of the tread it still falls within 25mm of the factory stated track width of 53".  Why i don't know - but it's a good thing!

The only way that could be possible is if you are using a wider than standard rim, and yes it's a good thing.