Phillip Island Classics/Historics March 19/20/21 2011

dat2kman

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Looking at those pics, check out the notorious Datsun lift at speed. #22 the blue and white Z is not too bad, #71 white Z is terrible and #29 Fairlady is not great either. Compare them with the Porsches and note the contrast, everything else being equal the Porkers are going to be faster simply because they sit on the deck at speed and so gain kph's compared with the Datsuns. Probably helps their high speed handling and braking too.

I would love a SC S30, having a go at Porkers and other Euro stuff is great fun :D

Looking at those pics, check out the notorious Datsun lift at speed. #22 the blue and white Z is not too bad, #71 white Z is terrible and #29 Fairlady is not great either. Compare them with the Porsches and note the contrast, everything else being equal the Porkers are going to be faster simply because they sit on the deck at speed and so gain kph's compared with the Datsuns. Probably helps their high speed handling and braking too.

I would love a SC S30, having a go at Porkers and other Euro stuff is great fun :D

On gear calc, I'm doing about 240 before I ease off, dab the brakes just to make sure I have something, and then slot back to fourth so i have motive drive through the turn 1 genlte right, yes it is a bit of a brick wall re frontal area, as we have discussed prior!

surprisingly the cars are not too 'floaty" but you do get the sensation of light steering, couple of times it twitched through T1, and a bit of steer correction is bneeded.

You'd love a Sc S30? buy my blue thing, it's for sale, but it would be more fun as a Tarmac car, as Rob Devenish is trying to covince me to set it up for that, and give Sc away.

Why do you think I love driving the T car, only 'cos I can, in the GroupS mob, so much fun, and I just tool around the track even if I have to play with the quick porkers and DeTomato's and Alfa GTV's and occaisional Z car.

The blue/White was Wayne Pott's, ( ex James Flett) it seemed to sell very quickly, at 30 or 35 k$, new owner has to get to grips with Sc racing but!

Haha, Sc is too logistical intensive for most people to compete in from a Q base. But if I owned a S30, or a sporty, I'd be blocking off say two thirds/three quarters of the radiator mouth and looking at ways to reduce the amount of air venting under the car. By having a rear engine the Porkers don't have air coming in the front, thats a lot of the difference. It basic aero that to reduce high speed lift and drag you minimumise the amount of air flowing through front intake vents and under the car.

Haha, Sc is too logistical intensive for most people to compete in from a Q base. But if I owned a S30, or a sporty, I'd be blocking off say two thirds/three quarters of the radiator mouth and looking at ways to reduce the amount of air venting under the car. By having a rear engine the Porkers don't have air coming in the front, thats a lot of the difference. It basic aero that to reduce high speed lift and drag you minimumise the amount of air flowing through front intake vents and under the car.

Sc up here is pretty good, at least 2 HRCC meetings at Morgan Park, maybe one at QR, and maybe one at Lakeside, plus you can run with the same spec in prod sports as a 2F car where there is a 5 round Sprint championship and then a 1 hour enduro at Morgan Park. On top of that there is the Cootha and Noosa Classic hillclimbs.

And then you can worry about heading south for racing ;D