Shannons Show and Shine, 22nd March 09 (Old Parliament House)

sco_aus

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a function to attend between 10-12.30 that I cant get out of .....

Im hoping youll still be there after that...

I'll call Simon, he thought it was on last week..

for some stuuuupid reason I thought it was on last weekend...I muddled up my dates. I told Simon it was on last week also....anyway Ive rounded up my best mate, his kid , my kid and off weve gone to old parli house looking for the car show  ::)  :P what a bunch of dimwits  ;D

can someone grab the AusZcar banner off me ?

Hi Guys,  Now that I've been informed of the correct date....thanks Chris  ;) (but I probably have myself to blame, should have kept an eye on the forum), I may attend.  By this is only a maybe, depending on what commitments I have on this weekend.

I'll let you know, what pans out.  :)

Sorry guys, but won't be attending...I'll be drinking beer with my mates watching the Clipsal.  Weak excuse I know but it a hard life at the top.  ;D

Have a great day and take some pics...we should have another catch up at the yacht club, where we can exchange pics from thredbo, etc??

nah, i won't be entering car.  i'll come have a look around, but i'm getting into re-doing the interior, so it's not looking too pretty in there at the moment :-[ but i definitly plan to swing in and say hi

I'll have my mobile so you guys can call me when you get there, I'll turn up at 0700.  All we have to do is turn up and follow the directions of the marshals.  They will have a spot picked out for us and will direct us there.  I don't know what the location is, probably with the rest of the Japanese cars in section A.

So:

Drive to section A

Lawn A: Entry via drive way opposite Questacon, off King Edward Terrace Rd

Talk to marshals to find out where we go

Park with Z cars

If you have any trouble give me a call.  Don't forget to bring some money to donate.  See you there!  :)

Massive show & shine today...this is one of the biggest in NSW without a doubt.

We managed to get 4 zeds eventually..Miika, Scott and Andrew (great to have you onboard !)

I managed to turn up with mine around Midday.

One thing that still amazes me, is that with soooo many cars, the zeds draw all types of people like bees to honey....makes me feel good,especially when my 4 year old proudly blabs to interested onlookers, "this is my daddys car" ...kids are icebreakers..

anyway because of my vocal 4 yearold, I met a nice dude Ian from canberra who has a burnt orange 240 as a daily driver....hes been loitering around this website, but never posted...well Ian , heres your chance. Turns out his dad & brother-in-law also have 240's in canberra, unbelievable.

As my memory car on my camera was full, Im hoping Miika & Scott took some pics to post-up.

As Chris said, an amazing show - so many different cars from all walks of life, there was something for everyone.  Lots of people were eying over the Z's and I met a lovely bloke from Cooma who used to have a '73 Z.  He gave me some advice - 'grab some rear swaybars, they improve the handling very much' - and it was nice to wander around on a quite pleasant day.  I'll post pics soon. :)

I got one or two pics, will post up tomorrow.  Was great to see Scott's rb-powered zed, my gf was very impressed (although I struggled to explain the concept of weight reduction in light of very spartan interior, I think she understood in the end).  Very impressive interior on chris's 240, I will have to do something about mine now to keep up.

Also, interesting that we only seem to have 2 seater s30's in canberra, given they are apparently the rarer of the body types.

I was looking forward to seeing the r35, but only managed to catch a glimpse as it drove past (with the silver r34 in tow) on my way back after lunch!

Overall, however, it was a really good show, far exceeded all my expectations. 

Thanks Andrew.

What a show!  Massive turn out, so much bigger than I had expected.

Good turn out guys, thanks for coming along for a short time Chris.  I didn't take any pics this year and to be honest it didn't even cross my mind which is kinda odd.

There is talk next year of this being held at Epic, so I dunno if this will cause entry fees and therefore a small crowd and display, I certainly hope not. 

As for the R35, i'll post up next Bob will have it at an event (Through SAU) so ya can check it out.  That was his R34 too.  Only a couple from his impressive garage collection.

As for the R35, i'll post up next Bob will have it at an event (Through SAU) so ya can check it out.  That was his R34 too.  Only a couple from his impressive garage collection.

What do you know about that blue r32 with the pumped out guards that was there?  In particular, do you know what kind of kw it is putting out?  I heard a figure of "700" being thrown around, but can't be sure. 

A side note, when all the piping/hardware is that visible, it's really simple to explain to girls how a turbocharger works!

sorry I missed you Andrew !! my kid kept wandering off !!

if im right that blue skyline is one of the quickest in Aust, its always talked about in most of the magazines...700kw sounds right !!

yep just relate turbos to hairdryers and the GF's can relate  ;D