late 240z Vin numbers

Riceburner

• Administrators

The WA Zcar register had a register with VIN #'s etc.. Ask Mr Camouflage, I'm sure a few SQL queries and he can tell you ;)

Gone to god  I would expect.

Although  there appears to be a discrepancy in the serial number series ( I've never seen consecutive numbers in the later years) which makes me think that the consecutive numbering and export market may not have been the same in the '73 series.

May 73, if the rego is to be believed. The vehicle is stripped down to the chassis at the moment, it's out of my garage and in the hands of my magician ( I call him that as I was nearly ready to crush it until he claimed that it could be  restored just like magic, I suspect that the only magic that will be happening is the lightening of cash in my wallet and the stealth that will follow for the next 2 years of the resto), hence I'm unable to check it immediately against the factory plate.

From memory, the model year changed mid year, which would have made it one of the last ones imported, however, that theory was just shot to pieces with your Nov/73.

I think i remember reading somewhere that they stopped production in september for 240's, could be wrong though...

Good to see another in surgery and soon on the road to recovery  :)  if only my health insurance covered the z's reconstructive surgery! Hehe

• 8 months later...

Hi again Gareth,

My car is now showing up in the wazregister as the latest HS30 - so come on, put yours up and beat me!

http://wazregister.com/zindex.php?action=viewdetails

I think it is in the interests of all Z owners to help populate the register and the moderators here seem to want us to do so too.

How about it people?

- Ian