Jump to content

Sooley

Members
  • Posts

    86
  • Joined

  • Last visited

    Never

Everything posted by Sooley

  1. Thats a good time for a Z. I did a 1:08 in my WRX and a 1:24 in my Daewoo race car. Can have a coffee down the straight it takes so long. Want the Z to be around the 1:06 mark and should get it there with 550hp and over 1000 laps of practice I have had around there. Sooley
  2. I used the MX5 Rack with Pulsar Rod ends. Just had to shorten the rack ends and grind a bit off the cross member and it works fine. Got the idea from Les here in the NSW Zed Club, he recons it works great, I haven't tried it yet, but should when my car is finished later this year. Anthony
  3. Thats either a great excuse or he's fair dink. Yeah, it looks a bit tarted up. Once again, its really hard to decide on ANY Zed until you see it in the flesh. Gotta wait a couple of more months before I start looking anyway, well, I'm looking but need to wait before I can buy. Anthony
  4. I thought it was a big job doing up the car, but after doing a full house reno, this will be easy. Anthony
  5. At this stage I am busy selling my house and an investment property and in 4 weeks I will be having a baby (well not me, i'm not Arny) Then once all thats done, April/May I will be getting stuck into the beast. It will probably be done by the end of the year then I'll be going to all the events. Am thinking of buying a 240 or 260Z 2 seater to hack around in for the time being, This one looks great, if its still around in a couple of months, at that price it might be http://www.carsales.com.au/used-cars/private/DATSUN/260Z/details.aspx?__Ns=pCar_PrivateSpecialFlag_Int32|1||pCar_ImageCount_Int32|1||pCar_LastModifiedDate_DateTime|1&__Nne=20&State=All%20States&R=792840&state_id=0&__N=0+834+285+257&distance=25&__Dx=mode+matchany&trecs=9&__sid=10F4AE534C62&__Ntk=CarAll&silo=1003&keywords=260z&Cr=6&__D=260z&seot=0&__Ntt=260z&__Ntx=mode+matchallpartial Long link but worth a look Anthony
  6. Hi All well I have been a member for a while and am looking to finally get the zed finished this year after a 3 1/2 year rebuild so far. It been a long and slow road as I have been renovating a house, getting married and having a baby and starting a new business, so the Zed had to wait. But now its time for it o be finished. The car is a 72 240Z. It has completly re built the body from the ground up. All dog legs floor pans, roof body panels have been replaced. I have fully adjustable front & rear arms & radius rods, I have Bilstein coilovers in 260Z struts. Its fitted with an R200 racing LSD with CVs, front and rear Nissan calipers. Up front is an RB30 Bottom end with and RB25 twin cam head with high flow turbo. Its been re built with CP racing pistons and should run around 550hp with a Haltech ECU custom cooler and Apexi exhaust. It has a custom MX5 powersteering rack and Nismo clutch and lightened fly wheel. Its got a full Bonds roll cage and Simmons wheels. I have rounded the rear off so it will have no rear bar. It has glass front gaurds, rear hatch and hopefully have Carbon fibre ZG flares, Bonnet front bar and BRE rear wing. Interior will be Sparco seats with a custom carpets an S15 custom dash with a full Haltech Dash. The car will be road registered and will be used for Targa style events and track days. I want it to look great and be reliable but dam quick. Anyway, thats the car, but I have a few questions about the forum. How do I get all the forum chat sent directly to my email address so I can chat more with you guys and also, do you know anyone in Aust that can do the ZG flares in Carbon Fibre. Be great to chat more Anthony Soole
  7. High Guys Just wanted toecutter to PM me if thats possible asoole@optusnet.com.au Thanks Mate Anthony
  8. Hi All I am doing a RB30DET conversion on mine at the moment. So far its taken me about 3 yrs to get to the stage where we are putting it together. Anyway, decided to go for broke. I have just bought some top of the range forged pistons and have bored the block 40 thou. all new bearings and alike. The head is a RB25DET (twin cam variable valve timing Head) and we had it cleaned and checked. I am running a GTR Front mount and tripple core radiator. I will be running a Haltech Engine management system once running. The turbo I will be running is a Hybrid. We have used the factory Turbo and modded it quite a bit to be good for about 500hp. I am running a brand new RB25 gearbox with a Nismo Lightened fly and Nismo clutch. The car it self is another story. Check out my web page if you wanna know more. Sooley
  9. Hi All I am a member from the NSW Z Club and have a web page that would be great if you guys could post Its at www.240z.freeservers.com Let me know Sooley
  10. Yep, Been 3 years since my last drink. In my zed car that is check out my web page and see where I am up to. www.240z.freeservers.com Sooley
×
×
  • Create New...