24Ozed Posted July 22, 2012 Posted July 22, 2012 Hi guys, I purchased a pair of front hilux calipers a while ago that had just been rebuilt I'm planning on running a different front brake setup now. They are the s-13 stamped calipers that allow for the vented rotor. Good bolt on upgrade. Haven't been used since rebuild. I paid $350 / and am looking to get my money back. Will get some pics up soonish! Trav Quote
dat2kman Posted July 22, 2012 Posted July 22, 2012 So,,, what are you now planning on doing?? These Hilux things do the job pretty well, and they are a no brainer to fit and set up Quote
24Ozed Posted July 22, 2012 Author Posted July 22, 2012 I'm looking to go for an AP racing or wilwood caliper setup. I agree the hilux setup is a very good setup. They come with brand new pads. Quote
dat2kman Posted July 22, 2012 Posted July 22, 2012 Before you outlay $$$$ for the AP or Willwood, check that the lack of dust seals on some models, will not give rise to a possible SA Transport or ADR compliance issue, if your car is to be used on public roads. If it is track only, go for AP, more $$ but superior, and you can get them out of USA much cheaper than UK, same with pads. Quote
dat240z Posted July 23, 2012 Posted July 23, 2012 The new willwoods are actually designed now not requiring dust seals... I purchased the newer ones from AZC + coilovers and my engineer is happy with them. Bite the bullet and get proper brakes not the hilux ones. Quote
24Ozed Posted July 23, 2012 Author Posted July 23, 2012 I've been debating for a while now which way I'll go. Got some advice from a very experienced zed guy here in sa who believes the lack of dust seals has never caused him any issues and he races thousands of k's without the need to service them. Compliance may be an issue, which i will check with the engineer I intend to use. Thanks for your feedback guys! Quote
zedevan Posted July 23, 2012 Posted July 23, 2012 I purchased the newer ones from AZC which model are these newer ones? and how much did it all end up costing you delivered? Quote
53-681 Posted August 4, 2012 Posted August 4, 2012 Are you still selling these? Do you have pictures? I wonder what they would come out like if I were to paint them gold... Quote
24Ozed Posted August 5, 2012 Author Posted August 5, 2012 Hey mate, yeah i will still sell them for my asking price. I did plan on taking some pics but i didn't get around to it. they are coming soon.. i promise! They are currently coated in a fairly hardy red / orange paint so would be best to strip this current coat off before you recoat in the colour of your choice. Trav Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.