Datsun Owners Social Day - 15 OCT 2011

Stivva

293661_10150275881950878_568050877_7949685_1591794_n.jpg

The Datsun Owner's Social Day is shifting into gear! If you own a Datsun mark October 15 in your Calendar and head to Bowral to celebrate the 80th anniversary of the name Datsun!

I am still looking for companies or clubs to sponsor a trophy or two. So if you know anyone that would like their logo on the advertising and name on the trophies let me know at stivva@photomotive.com.au

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That sounds good, has the local pub got a nice car parking area, good food and cold drinks?

Is there a 300zx-370z forum we can cross promote the event with?

I think we should make it after the football season heading into the summer when it is almost guaranteed to be a nice day. I would love to make this a fairly decent event.

So, what if we made it the 15th of 16th of October. That's a good distance away to give people notice. What would people prefer? A Saturday or Sunday? I will do some scouting for a nice photographic area with a decent pub and car park. Unless anyone has any ideas?

Unfortunately a Hunter Valley cruise would mean 4-5 canberra zedders wouldnt come being too far for a day trip.

If we concentrate on the Bowral-Mittagong area, then youll probably get some the Wollongong guys coming across as well.

Im personally no-go for Oct 16th... :(

As was suggested, a long time between meets.

I am from the Illawarra so a southern highlands region sounds good and hopefully some from Canberra can make it up as well. Bundanoon could be another option as well, has a few good spots for eat/drink and probably lends itself to some space to park/spread out too.

Happy to assist if needed

Cheers

Ian

Ok, so now we are getting somewhere.

15th is gonna be the lock in date.

Other questions are, who do we want to invite?

Just this forum (are the numbers in NSW/ACT great enough)

Or is there some other clubs we could possibly ask to attend?

Are there any suggestions of the park up space and bistro?

Providing I'm free I'd be keen for a get together. Being new to the Zed crowd it'd be great to meet some fellow owners.

I've been on plenty of cruises and meets with several other groups and they're always fun.

As for inviting other clubs there's always Sydney Datsun Club. Im not a member, but my brother in-law is and they seem pretty active. Or if we're willing to branch out of the Datsun community I'm pretty active on sigma-galant.com andthere might be a few guys that could be interested. That is if you'd have some 70's mitsu's in the mix  :D

FOUND A PLACE!

The Bowral Hotel

412 Bong Bong Street, Bowral NSW 2576

Phone - 4862 2646

www.bowralhotel.com.au

Obviously in Bowral. It has a large fenced off car park and a decent menu, and is also close to a few scenic view for photo ops.