Surly_Z Posted July 31, 2011 Posted July 31, 2011 I have to replace the 'candle lit' headlights and the rusty rim/mounts for my rwc - just wondering where is a good place to start looking? Is it worth a trip to repco, supercheap etc or should I be contacting Z Factory etc? (Not looking to upgrade at the moment, so no HIDs or anything that needs rewiring) Thanks Quote
Moderators Zedman240® Posted August 1, 2011 Moderators Posted August 1, 2011 Best, cheapest, easiest way to upgrade the headlights is to go to a self serve wrecker and buy some H4 inserts of any car with the same 7" headlights. You pay around $5-8 each and try to find the newest ones you can. I bought some a while ago from a Volvo. They all fit as they are a standard mount. (3 rasied point around the rim). As for the rings, I have some in my shed.. Quote
zr240 Posted August 1, 2011 Posted August 1, 2011 Or you could try Moorabbin Auto Spares Can get you the H4 100/55w Narva kit for $119.50 (Have in stock) We can get the cheap ones but we tend to stick to the narva. Also I think I have some chrome surrounds in the shed as well so happy to provide with the H4 kit Also if you get old ones I can help you out with globes if you like. Ash Quote
Surly_Z Posted August 1, 2011 Author Posted August 1, 2011 Is there any re-wiring that needs to be done for the H4 conversion? Quote
zed240au Posted August 1, 2011 Posted August 1, 2011 You can get away without rewiring but as your wiring and switch gear is over 30 years old A simple upgrade to relays would be good idea just takes the load off your switch gear Relays are cheap good insurance to save problems later mick Quote
zr240 Posted August 1, 2011 Posted August 1, 2011 I just bolted them into my zed without a prob but it definatly doesnt hurt to put in a new relay as mick said. Ash Quote
Surly_Z Posted August 2, 2011 Author Posted August 2, 2011 Managed to get one of them in, unfortunately the second one has rusted and bald screws meaning I cant unmount the headlight! 40 litres of WD40 later, and nothing. What's the best way to go about this?! Quote
luvemfast Posted August 2, 2011 Posted August 2, 2011 Do you have access to an easy out? Alternatively, maybe you'll need to drill it out? Quote
Moderators Zedman240® Posted August 2, 2011 Moderators Posted August 2, 2011 Invest in a good set of multigrip pliers; they are the best in removing rounded philips screws if and when you have clear access. Quote
benny Posted August 2, 2011 Posted August 2, 2011 Invest in a good set of multigrip pliers; they are the best in removing rounded philips screws if and when you have clear access. yep as Dimitri has said... definitely the way to go, has worked for me many times!! Quote
sco_aus Posted August 2, 2011 Posted August 2, 2011 Yeh thats how I do it too. I also have the H4s without touching my wiring and it has been fine when left on for a while etc Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.