sexual_sushi Posted January 12, 2010 Posted January 12, 2010 Hi all, I have 4 geabox synchros for sale. These were purchased new from black dragon auto. The gearbox shop said they didn't fit my gearbox though. Black dragon lists them to suit: 240z 260z 280z 280zx 1970-79 W/4-Speed Manual Transmission and 280z 280zx 1977-83 W/5-Speed Manual Transmission 280zx Turbo 3/1981-12/81 NOT 280ZX Turbo 1/1982-83 W/5-Speed Manual Transmission The gearbox shop fitted, or tried to fit them to my box which I thought was a 280zx box, so they have a bit of oil and stuff on them but they haven't been in a running gearbox. These are a bronze(?) synchro, the ones that I had were in the box were a sintered metal. That's all I can help you with in terms of what they will fit and I can not guarantee that black dragon's info will apply to our aussie boxes. $100 delivered anywhere in australia. Oh and $10 will be donated to the site if sold. Quote
sexual_sushi Posted January 14, 2010 Author Posted January 14, 2010 $80 for forum members. I'll list these on ebay next week if they don't sell. Quote
pauly_adams Posted January 14, 2010 Posted January 14, 2010 will these suit a 260 2+2 gbox and is this for all 4 or just one. cheers pauly Quote
sexual_sushi Posted January 14, 2010 Author Posted January 14, 2010 According to the catalogue, these synchros should fit every 5 speed box except for '280ZX Turbo 1/1982-83 W/5-Speed Manual Transmission'. Which technically we shouldn't have hear in Aus anyway. But that said, they didn't fit my box. I guess the only way to be sure is to open the box up and have a look at the synchros you have. This ad is for all 4 (4 required per box). Quote
260Coupe Posted January 14, 2010 Posted January 14, 2010 They look like brass Warner coupling sleeves for a 280zx box, they will not suit a 240/260 box which uses Porsche type coupling sleeves (steel). Quote
hunterzed Posted January 14, 2010 Posted January 14, 2010 The american 280zx turbo's didn't have the same gearbox as the non turbo. They had a borg warner 5 speed. This link may help. http://www.xenons130.com/Transmissions.html Quote
dazzed Posted January 17, 2010 Posted January 17, 2010 only one of them looks new the rest all look worn out second hand units, are you sure what they are for? Quote
sexual_sushi Posted January 19, 2010 Author Posted January 19, 2010 I'm currently moving house so my online presence isn't the best atm. I'll try to get back with an answer on this. From memory, these didn't fit the box I had so the shop ended up using the best parts from 3 of my boxes. I'm 99% sure these didn't fit so I don't know how they could be used/worn if they could never fit in one of my boxes? I had a quick look but I'm not 100% sure what I'm looking for. Is it rounding of the pentagonal teeth? They are look fine to me, the way the oil is sitting on it makes it look the the edges are rounded in the pictures, but the edges look sharp to me. Once I'm in my new house I'll take some close up's so someone else can tell me what's going on. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.