Want your Zcar featured in The Age?

gav240z

• Administrators

Hello fellow members, I received an email today regarding having a feature on some of our zed cars.

Here is the message I was sent:

Hi,

I'm just sending out a general ahoy in my attempt to track down Victorians with interesting, well-loved cars that they'd like to talk about (and be photographed with) for publication in The Age's Rear View section, which appears on Wednesdays in the Drive motoring supplement.

The type of car is pretty much irrelevant other than three main things we try to look out for. 1). That it's original, interesting, rare, significant or, if not one of these, owned for a significant length of time or in unique circumstances. 2). That the owner/s love it more than your average owner and have done for some time, and 3).

That it's not for sale (editorial guidelines mean it's frowned upon if these stories serve as an advertisement).

Feel free to forward this message amongst your members. If anybody is suitable and interested in seeing them and their car in print ? and, obviously, hasn't already appeared on our pages before ? send a brief description of the details to my email address below and I'll endeavour get in touch A.S.A.P.

Many thanks,

Cameron McGavin

So who is interested in helping out a getting some exposure for the Zcar scene around Australia? I know I am, wish my zed was looking a little bit better though :cry: :wink:

Yer this sounds interesting. I suppose we need to send him some pics with details. I'm in. Maybe we should get an idea of numbers and then all interested can provide a pic with a breif speil on the car and then you could send the pics and info in one e-mail and see if he is interested and if so what he would like to do!???? IE .maybe a group thing and perhaps get some exposure for the site!

Sulio

• 2 months later...

My father's friend owns the 240z that Michelle Downes won when she was crowned Miss Australia - it's still pretty original as well. She went on to become Mrs Brock... could be topical.

His 350z used to be owned by "Baby" John Burgess. :lol:

• Administrators

While I can't move the original post to the drive related post I can extend on this thread by saying I think it's a great idea. It would also make for an interesting piece, I'd also like to know where car HS30 0004 got to as that would certainly make for an interesting article.

I did email back this freelance writer however I never heard from him again. I should have his mobile number so perhaps if we can get a few people together who are willing to participate I can try calling him and making arrangements.

Cheers,

Gavin.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrators

I haven't been able to get the contact details of this freelance writer yet.

They are still stuck in my outlook on my old PC which is sitting doing nothing.

I must remember to contact this guy and get this happening.

Just read an interesting article regarding Michelle Downes: http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,20431902-5001021,00.html

I'd love to see pictures of this 240z. :D

• 1 year later...
  • Administrators

Not sure why this never happened. I emailed the guy back saying we were interested. I wonder if anyone knows anyone working at the Age or drive.com.au that would like to feature some Zed cars?