aegean Posted June 17, 2009 Posted June 17, 2009 I have two mystery wires coming from the cables that feed to the carbies. Any idea what these are for ? I can't find any missing terminals that they should connect to, but they appear to be "factory" and not something that has been installed at a later time. Quote
dalee Posted June 17, 2009 Posted June 17, 2009 Cables are the chokes, the wires some kind of earth to make the flat tops (boat anchors) run better. Don't look vary factory to me. Quote
aegean Posted June 17, 2009 Author Posted June 17, 2009 That's good, because the boat anchors are going anyway ! Quote
RB30X Posted June 17, 2009 Posted June 17, 2009 I don't know about any one else but I'd like to see the size of the boat you're talking about when you say those SU's could anchour it. Quote
Zeddophile Posted June 17, 2009 Posted June 17, 2009 I don't know about any one else but I'd like to see the size of the boat you're talking about when you say those SU's could anchour it. Well, when you add up all the flat tops that have been ripped off zeds in favour of something else, you could probably anchor the Titanic! Quote
Moderators Zedman240® Posted June 17, 2009 Moderators Posted June 17, 2009 Those wires are definately home made! Not sure why someone wanted to ground the choke cables? No power runs through them unless they get struck by lightning! I'd remove the solder and a bit of black heat shrink should fix it up. Quote
aegean Posted June 17, 2009 Author Posted June 17, 2009 I think you're right. Strange thing is that I can't see where the hell they used to go to, or why ? Quote
sexual_sushi Posted June 17, 2009 Posted June 17, 2009 Random choke electrical wires, +10hp... but only on really cold mornings Quote
S30Mike Posted June 17, 2009 Posted June 17, 2009 i have plenty of random cables going around my dash, but im not game enough to start chopping and testing haha Quote
waxhead Posted June 17, 2009 Posted June 17, 2009 I think some one should have checked there engine earth before they started to earth there choke cables. Its a classic case of not actually understanding what makes things work. Quote
aegean Posted June 17, 2009 Author Posted June 17, 2009 What the real reason was is anyone's guess. The rest of the engine bay wiring (and the rest of the car for that matter) is completely original as far as I can tell, or at least, what you would expect for a 96,000 km car. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.