VIP 1971 240z

ChiprZ

Hi all

Just saw in the optus tv programme, tonight (sunday 2nd April) History Channel (Digital 644 or normal channel 20) has a show "Full Throttle" at 6:30pm. Tonight they are focusing on a 1971 240z, doesnt say anything else about it but ive seen the show before and they do some nice work customising and restoring cars... well worth a look i think.

Anyone who cant see it at 6:30 im pretty sure history channel has a +2 channel (so would be on at 8:30 instead)

wish i saw this earlier as im sure many people would be interested

Chris

• Administrators

Well I saw it, not sure what to say really. It was entertaining to see them talk about the Zcar and overall they praised the car. Can't expect them to be accurate with the fine details. This is probably why Alan T (HS30-H) from www.classiczcars.com gets so frustrated.

They basically took two 71 Zeds and put a bigger cam in put extractors(headers) on and put a 4 barrel holley on it. You could tell John Morton thought the carbs were a bad idea lol. Don't know why they removed the SU's they would have been better if you ask me. However that's an old debate for another thread.

The MSD ignition sounds really good, a worth while investment for any enthusiast.

1/4 mile times were very slow 17 and 19 seconds, probably slower than stock.

One was smoking a bit, I guess that happens when you leave the bottom end stock and just slap a cam in. Overall the Zeds came up a treat but yeah it is just a quick TV show so don't take the information as gospel.

One was smoking a bit, I guess that happens when you leave the bottom end stock and just slap a cam in.

No, thats what happens when you stick a bucket with holes on top of your intake manifold and call it a carbie. Holleys are the worst thing ever invented as far as I'm concerned, and the V8 idiots can keep them.

• Administrators

haha yeah I agree that they are the worst mod for a Zcar and as I said above that's a topic for another debate. The smoke looked very white/blueish but it was hard to tell with my dodgy cable tv "WINK WINK". A friend with a good foxtel set up taped it for me so I'll see if I can compress it and convert it to be uploaded here.

Makes for an interesting watch but alot of crap get's spun that's for sure. Should have kept the old SU's :) :D