e9 Posted April 2, 2009 Posted April 2, 2009 Doesn't matter if it's points or electronic. I can pay PayPal, bank transfer or - if you live in SE QLD - cash when I pick it up. PM or reply here if you have one to offload or know someone who does. Thanks. Quote
Scoota G Posted April 2, 2009 Posted April 2, 2009 http://search.ebay.com.au/search/search.dll?from=R40&_trksid=m37&satitle=datsun+distributor ;D Quote
luke_mcmahon85 Posted April 2, 2009 Posted April 2, 2009 i have the points dizzy off my 260 (from when i went electric a few years ago) it was working fine when i took it off, but i have a feeling it's developed a bit of surface rust in the mean time. I'll check it on the weekend, and if it's in working order and i can clean it, then it's yours for the price of postage. Quote
e9 Posted April 3, 2009 Author Posted April 3, 2009 http://search.ebay.com.au/search/search.dll?from=R40&_trksid=m37&satitle=datsun+distributor ;D How did you do that? White man magic or something? Thanks Luke, I'll keep an eye on the thread. Reason I need a replacement is when I went to put the Pertronix kit in mine I found that not only was it not the original (the kit didn't fit), but the shaft that slotted into the cam was cracked. But seriously, who installs an aftermarket points distributor? I guess the same person who puts a racing cam into a block with SSS carbs :-\ Quote
Scoota G Posted April 3, 2009 Posted April 3, 2009 The dizzy that i had on my car was off a forklift (serious) i did an extensive search on ebay and bought one but i have changed to Electronic ignition since. I have the number of the guy i sold the one i had if i can help u out. He may still have it. Or here some serious gear. http://www.jegs.com/i/Mallory/650/4563901/10002/-1?CT=999 Quote
silverz Posted April 3, 2009 Posted April 3, 2009 E9, My advice for what it's worth. Be very carefull buying that distributor off Ebay. The seller has advertised before stating these distributors will fit a 240Z. I thought it a good deal for a brand new distributor as mine is quite worn and I could always put the Pertronix kit in later. I quizzed him to confirm it would fit a 240z and asked what it is from. The seller gauranteed it would fit my car and told me the distributor was from an L28 for a Nissan Patrol. Needless to say when I received it and pulled my distributor out they were nothing alike, there was no way it would go anywhere near fitting my L24 block. The shaft is way too long and the mount was completely different. I then had to send photos to prove it wouldn't fit, pay to send it back, put up with the sellers whingeing that it was my fault (read his ebay description - fits 240z!) etc. How was I to know it was different unless I pulled mine out and held it up to the computer monitor to compare it against his photo, even then it would be hard to tell. I sent him the model no of my distributor, which is a 240Z distibutor as shown in the Haynes manual and the seller said "I can't help you that distributor is no longer available". Got my $99 bucks back eventually but this and other transactions have put me off ebay purchases. It annoys me that he is still advertising this as fitting a 240Z, even after I proved it does not, certainly not in my case anyway. Beware, Regards Peter Quote
xa1973 Posted April 3, 2009 Posted April 3, 2009 E9, My advice for what it's worth. Be very carefull buying that distributor off Ebay. The seller has advertised before stating these distributors will fit a 240Z. I then had to send photos to prove it wouldn't fit, pay to send it back, put up with the sellers whingeing that it was my fault Got my $99 bucks back eventually but Beware, Ditto Quote
e9 Posted April 4, 2009 Author Posted April 4, 2009 The dizzy that i had on my car was off a forklift (serious) i did an extensive search on ebay and bought one but i have changed to Electronic ignition since. I have the number of the guy i sold the one i had if i can help u out. He may still have it. Or here some serious gear. http://www.jegs.com/i/Mallory/650/4563901/10002/-1?CT=999 Yeah, but I'm poor now remember Thanks for the heads up on the eBay dizzy, that's got me a little worried now. Quote
Scoota G Posted April 4, 2009 Posted April 4, 2009 Well the one i bought fitted no probs. But mine is a 260Z Quote
xa1973 Posted April 4, 2009 Posted April 4, 2009 Yeah, but I'm poor now remember Thanks for the heads up on the eBay dizzy, that's got me a little worried now. Drop a PM to Luke_McMahon8 he said he'd look at the one he had and you could have it for postage.............cant do any better than that, even if you are skint... Quote
Moderators Zedman240® Posted April 5, 2009 Moderators Posted April 5, 2009 I have a another points one here that's in pretty good condition if you want. Just for postage also. Was from a 260 though; was running but fitted an electronic one so no longer needed. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.