260Coupe Posted October 28, 2008 Posted October 28, 2008 Hi Guys I will be selling my R200 clutch pack 4.11 LSD within the next month (fitting a more street friendly 3.9 LSD) so I thought I would guage interest here before it goes on Feebay. The R200 diff centre is from a GTR skyline and can withstand 500+ hp and was built for circuit use with around 140 ft/lbs of break away torque (standard road LSDs have around 50 ft/lbs) , I bought it as a spare for my 240z race car which has now been sold so the diff went into my road going Zed.....which is over kill. The diff will come complete with custom made input flange shafts to bolt straight into a stock Zed uni jointed half shafts (manufatured by Chris Wood) and a 4.1 speedo drive.(the red one) It has only done approx 10,000 km since rebuild (new bearings, all new clutch plates and shims etc) so no refresh required. The diff is perfectly suited for a big HP track car .....Asking price will be around $1500 complete ready to bolt in. If you are interested let me know Alan Quote
Hunter Posted October 28, 2008 Posted October 28, 2008 What makes this diff less street friendly that the 3.9? Is the diff 1 way 1.5 way or 2 way? Quote
260Coupe Posted October 29, 2008 Author Posted October 29, 2008 The 4.11 spins at 3250 rpm in fifth at 100 km/h and is short thru the gears and almost locked due to very high break away torque, hence a little tiresome around town. The 3.9 will cruise at under 3000 rpm and will anly be torqued up to around 50 ft lbs so will provide more slip which will be easier on rear tyre wear and drivability.(longer thru the gears) Quote
viking Posted October 29, 2008 Posted October 29, 2008 That's exactly what I would like, I will try and pm you. cheers Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.