Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

it's alright the msa boxes aren't backed anyway

 

For some reason I thought everyone boxed theirs in, looks like mine is similar to the MSA one then, do you think the port in the centre makes a difference?

 

Nice work Mossy, I like the streamline look you have achieved. Any chance of a template? I would mine having a go at my self

Regards

Bruce   

 

Bruce PM sent

Posted

yeah i was surprised too. I was mainly suprised that they still sounded that good without the backing. As for the port, I'm really not sure. I usually build my boxes sealed anyway. If it is sealed the pressure in the box pulls the cones in quicker which means a cleaner tighter sound but it also means its gonna take a bit more power to push the cones back out again. My home theatre speakers I built actually have a "passive radiator" which is basically just some blank speakers that just flex. Its kind of the best of both worlds. But yeah, in general I go sealed over ported.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...